Ebay…sometimes you have to wonder….

• blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

…did I list my item at a “But It Now” price too low.

I have 3….well…now 1 Abu Garcia Ambassadeur Morrum SX1600C Mag Baitcasting Reel for sale on Ebay. I listed them for $50 with a Buy It Now for $75.00. I’ve had these reels for a very long time. There’s no boxes or paperwork with them and they are used but well taken care of. They were the very 1st reel I ever paid $100 for. They have to be over 10yrs old. They were the pinnacle of reels, I know James and Steve DeZurik loved using them on the Smallie trips we made.

I thought I was going out on a limb by putting them out there for $50, figuring someone may want them for parts.

Literally, within minutes 2 of them were sold, leaving me wonder….Did I set my Buy It Now too low.

If I can get the 3rd one sold for $75 I’ll be one happy camper. At least $75 happier than I am now.

joemama
    North St Paul

why did you choose to sell them on ebay instead of this site ?

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Good question. 12% ebay fee, 3% paypal fee, plus $0.50 listing. You are out $8 on your $50. Only cost you some fake money to list here, and then 3% paypal fee. Have yet to list an item here and not sell it.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

He just did, 1 left HURRY !!!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

For one, I didn’t believe I’d find a buyer for them based on what they are and their age. If I can’t find a buyer on Ebay, then I really doubt I’ll find a buyer here on IDO.

Secondly, not too many people are going to invest $75 in a used reel that’s over a decade old. For another $25 you can buy a very good quality NEW baitcaster. Again, I knew my target base was very small.

I’ve gotten my money’s worth out of them 2 times each so the money I paid to Ebay is for me a non-issue. Thanks for caring though.

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Secondly, not too many people are going to invest $75 in a used reel that’s over a decade old. For another $25 you can buy a very good quality NEW baitcaster. Again, I knew my target base was very small.

Why not? If its the reel you want the only other options I see on the net are $100-175 for one. One would argue reels made a decade ago are a whole lot better quality than ones made today. A few bucks upgrading bearings and you have a reel that is better than the $100 reels out there now.

You ended up getting about $42 for them since you said you sold them for $50. I’m sure someone here would have payed $45 in a heartbeat.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I was paid $75 for each of them. So I got what I wanted out of them.

grumpy
    Iowa, Clinton

Good day!

oldbear
    State Center, Iowa

If the man’s happy thats all that counts.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

I was paid $75 for each of them. So I got what I wanted out of them.

Can’t beat that

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Kevin22, I listed my 4th reel in this model/style here on IDO. I asked a bit more because it comes with all the original paperwork and the box which happens to be in outstanding shape. With some luck I’ll have it sold in 7 days avoiding the dreaded user fees. If not, well it’s off to Ebay land I go.

Wish me luck!!

BBKK
    IA

If I had the money it would be heading towards Iowa.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

If I had the money it would be heading towards Iowa.

If you had the money I would deliver it…..at least half way.

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

Nice work. Selling on ebay is pretty slick. Cool that you can out reserves in place too. I had a mount listed and didn’t hit the reserve and so it didn’t sell. Listed again and exceeded the reseve.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Happy Happy Happy!!!

Tom, I sold some OLD cardinals that I had burbned up on salmon/trout down here. Couldn’t believe that they sold for twice of what I originally paid for them. Not bad for selling some “parts” reels. Like you said, if you have a very small audience, ebay is usually the way to go

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

All 3 reels are gone!

skeeter-sw150
    Northern Illinois

I think you made the right decision by selling them on Ebay, but the wrong decision by doing a “Buy It Now”. If the other three reels were sx1600c Forells I think I know why they went so fast. The Forells were the only limited edition of the Morrum series. They have a distinct bronze color and solid rosewood handles. I believe your “users” are being bought up by collectors even though they have some wear. These reels are very sought after in the foreign markets.
    I know that this is a different model number than yours but if you do an advanced search on Ebay with the item number 110995471037 you will get an idea of how rare a Forell model is. Hope this information helps.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I only have 1 Forrell and it has yet to be listed on Ebay. The other 3 I had were the 2-tone grey reels. Looks like I need to do a bit more homework on the Forell reel that I have.

BBKK
    IA

Where is my report?!?

Congrats on the sale(s)

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.