Need a new Laptop

• oldguy
    Lisbon, Iowa

Lap top shopping. Any suggestions? Not looking to break the bank but willing to spend a fair price to not end up with a paper weight. Thanks!

Oldguy(Millermans dad)

big_head_basher

need more details on what your going to be using this for and maybe a price range on what you want to spend?

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Without knowing anything about your needs. I am tempted to tell you in our personal case we have not been happy with and PC products and keep swapping out for Apple (Mac) products. We have one PC laptop left and then will be a complete Mac Ecosystem.

oldguy
    Lisbon, Iowa

Quote:

need more details on what your going to be using this for and maybe a price range on what you want to spend?

Internet, email, basic stuff. Maybe Microsoft office. $400-$600

barc
    SE MN

newegg.com has good product reviews and their prices are usually tough to beat.
    barc

b-mac
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

newegg.com has good product reviews and their prices are usually tough to beat.
    barc

That’s terrible advice. What you need to do is go into Best Buy and let them talk you into a $1,400 laptop and don’t forget to add on the $200 service plan

kidding aside, newegg has been great for my tech needs. Our current laptop is an Asus, which I was skeptical on at first, but it’s been solid for 3+ years now

ghost78
    Minnesota

check out cnet.com for reviews

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Consider if you really need to spend the $$$ to buy MS Office.

I’ve been using the OpenOffice open source suite of products for years and never had a problem. It’s fully cross-compatable with Microsoft and everything MS Office does, OpenOffice can do.

Best of all, it’s free. Although, you SHOULD make a donation to the group that supports and improves it.

Sure beats spending hundreds to put MS Office on a $500 laptop.

Grouse

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

x2 on the Toshiba. Very happy with mine.

-J.

barebackjack
    New Prague, MN.

Quote:

x2 on the Toshiba. Very happy with mine.

-J.

x3 for Toshiba, but just got a new Dell E6430, pretty good for around 600 n some change with a 3 year service plan included.
    Fast, great graphics, screen is smaller than I like, my mistake but happy overall with it.

Sharon
    SE Metro

I prefer Acer laptops with an Intel Core i3, i5, or i7 processor. I’d also stick with Windows 7 if you can. Not a big fan of 8.

chirp
    Rochester

We have an Asus also. Would be a great machine for what you are looking for. Won’t break the bank either.

rgoi812
    Good hour from whitewater

Just bought mine (Toshiba C855 satellite) for $395 out the door. Jury is still out on windows 8 yet.

Duke M

ASUS, 3 years trouble free. Everything should work this well.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.