Help me settle an argument -Water Temp

• dr._flathead

For you guys that fish the Mississippi…… What would your best guess be as to what the water temps in the Elk River area were in Feb. Just a general guess…..Taking into consideration the warm water discharge above that area…..

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

about…34 to 39 degrees

The power plant can only be 5 degrees higher then the normal temp of the river.

If it’s higher…report it! LOL!

I’m basing this GUESS off of what I’ve seen below L&D 3.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

about…34 to 39 degrees

The power plant can only be 5 degrees higher then the normal temp of the river.

If it’s higher…report it! LOL!

I’m basing this GUESS off of what I’ve seen below L&D 3.

^^^^^^^^yep. I’d say 34-37.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Been there several times this winter and at some times it seems to be a tad warmer than 39degrees easy. Every time I had to touch the water though was to grab a fish and my adrenaline always gets going when that happens and no matter how cold I get at the moment fish on instantly warm so that may explain it for myself.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

For you guys that fish the Mississippi…… What would your best guess be as to what the water temps in the Elk River area were in Feb. Just a general guess…..Taking into consideration the warm water discharge above that area…..

My underwater camera says the water below the ice is usually 36-38 degrees. I would assume the river is right there plus 0.5-1.0 degrees perhaps with warm water discharge.

dbright
    Cambridge

I was in Monticello feb 9th and below the discharge up there it was 37. Just above it was 31.7. About two miles down it was back down to 35

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.