gator sticks win again

• Dadams
    Emmetsburg, Iowa

I grew up in north central Iowa in the 70’s. I have some great memories from my childhood fishing with my grandpa and Dad at Crystal Lake. The worlds largest bullhead is in Crystal Lake(google it). I love to fish and have 2 kids. A 7 year old and an 11 year old that I work to make memories for as well.
    I grew up with gator sticks in the fry pan. Tonight I cooked up a bag of gator sticks and a bag of gills for dinner. Once again the gator sticks are gone and there are gills for a sandwich tomorrow.

jsprosty
    Soldiers Grove, WI

That is one big bullhead!

dorancehefte
    Wisconsin

A classmate’s dad made the original giant bullhead. Carl also made a kite so big that he used a winch with steel cable to hold it in the wind. The DNR dredged the lake a couple years ago and their stocked fish should be reaching keeper size by now.

Dadams
    Emmetsburg, Iowa

I was still in school when the DNR killed off all the rough fish and began an aggressive stocking program. I know that they did a major lake renovation project including some dredging. I haven’t fished there for over 25 years. A lot of memories.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

What the He!! are gator sticks? I’m guessing Northern Fillets??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.