Berkley Nano-fill

• muskychaser
    Prescott, Wi

Hey guys I have a question how does this line perform in cold weather, heading down to pool 4 this weekend Ive been useing Trilene all winter with good results. Just wondering if I should try it tommorrow.

kris_brantner
    My river

Bought some when it first came out. Had the 10lb. Was very uphappy with it. Kept snapping on me on hooksets. Would snap about halfway between the fish and my rod. Never tried it again

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I’m happy with the 4 pound nano in the cold water. It is not a levelwind line, spinning only. I use 6 pound on Lake Superior for casting lakers and salmon and haven’t seen any issues with either line weight.

muskychaser
    Prescott, Wi

Thanks I use it in the summer but haven’t tried it in the winter I spoiled up 6 lb

sharptailer
    IGH, MN

I’ve been using Nano on the river at Monticello this winter and have no problems with it. After several hours of fishing I noticed no loss of casting distance or feel.

coxaaa
    Northern IA

Been using it for a year now, both ice and open water on the river. It will bring some water to your guides like any other super line, but haven’t had bad icing with it til tonight in the wind and cold. Been a great sensitive line for me

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Haven’t used it myself but put much research into it for maybe this spring, but it seems to comes down to using the right knot. It is much more slick of a line compared to other superlines and requires their recommended knot. Good luck!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.