Marcum

• ironheadr5
    Northeast, Iowa

Thinking of buying a New marcum. Are there a lot of difference`s between the LX-6 and LX-7. Is it worth the extra $100.00 in price. Thanks IDO members you are a awsome bunch

BBKK
    IA

Do you hole hop or just sit in a shanty? If you hole hop and move around I’d say get the lx6, if you like to sit in a shanty and fish then get the bigger screen lx7.

The difference is screen size and target separation I believe. And the ability to upgrade the 7 to the 9.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Quote:

Do you hole hop or just sit in a shanty? If you hole hop and move around I’d say get the lx6, if you like to sit in a shanty and fish then get the bigger screen lx7.

The difference is screen size and target separation I believe. And the ability to upgrade the 7 to the 9.

X2

I went from a 7 to a 6 for the main reason of hole hopping.. and I do like the size of the 5 that I have been using for the past 10 or so years… but the 6 being digital makes it all the sweeter !!

smokinbobo
    Monticello / Guthrie, MN

I have an LX-7 and looked at the LX-6 when it came out based on all the guys who seem to think its better for hole hopping. There is a minimal, probable a few ounces, difference in weight and they are mounted on the same frame so there is not much savings in weight or size for hole hopping. I personnally like the larger screen and would spend the $100 for it.

ironheadr5
    Northeast, Iowa

Thanks Guys sounds like the LX-7is the way to go! ! Time to shop

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Quote:

Thanks Guys sounds like the LX-7is the way to go! ! Time to shop

Esp. if you like the circular display. I’m a fan of the old-school circular display, and just like the size of it on the LX-7 over the LX-6. Nice to have an option tho!

Joel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.