Guns

• bullcans
    Northfield MN

The FBI recently put out a report that Knives, bats, and various blunt objects kill 8.5 times more people than guns do on an annual basis.

Where’s the restrictions then on baseball bats, blunt objects, and knives then?

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Quote:

Quote:

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers. Is that not what the NRA would like?

Who was the first person shot and killed in the Red Lake Minnesota school shooting?

-J.

That’s not the point here. He was saying that it is an Armed officer in the school. Which is the same as the NRA is suggesting. Yes they were the first shot but, it is still and armed officer in the school. The only thing different I can see here is how many you would have in a school incase the single officer there in this instance get shot. If it was just one officer it doesn’t take much to out gun him.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Quote:

Quote:

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers. Is that not what the NRA would like?

Who was the first person shot and killed in the Red Lake Minnesota school shooting?

-J.

I dont support this but it is an argument thrown out there by many gun advocates sounds a bit like a compromise. The point is these orders are not just the ideas of one person and if one were to look at the panel of who recommended these ideas there were 3 staunch gun rights advocates that were involved . I find it amazing the rhetoric thrown out there by some just because of the one person that initiated the orders.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

That’s not the point here. He was saying that it is an Armed officer in the school. Which is the same as the NRA is suggesting.

He did not SAY armed officers nor is it written in this proposal. It IS exactly what is written here. School Resourse Officers. Whatever the hell that is. I’m thinking unarmed guard. AKA first person shot guy!

-J.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Quote:

Quote:

That’s not the point here. He was saying that it is an Armed officer in the school. Which is the same as the NRA is suggesting.

He did not SAY armed officers nor is it written in this proposal. It IS exactly what is written here. School Resourse Officers. Whatever the hell that is. I’m thinking unarmed guard. AKA first person shot guy!

-J.

To funny. Just like Wade B mentioned and the point you pointed out lot of this is pretty vague in context. All in how it is interpreted.

Trent W
    Chatfield, MN

Quote:

Talk about common sense brake each one of these orders down they make sense to me even though many are generic and obvious in nature.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

Isn’t this just enforcing a law already on the books?

What the heck is a resource officer? That doesn’t sound anything like armed security. Sounds like another administrator which means another over paid bureaucrat paid by the taxpayer…consider yourself infringed.

Have the Attorney General decide who can and can’t have guns!!!!! Holy crap. That crook! Not only consider yourself infringed, but consider yourself screwed.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I think avoiding economic collapse is slightly more important than a few American lives. Until the budget is under control not one dime should be spent for new gun control programs.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

All in how it is interpreted.

You can go to CNN.com and listen to the entire speech. Pretty sure I still understand the english language. I heard exactly what was said. Like 4 times now.

-J.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

I think avoiding economic collapse is slightly more important than a few American lives. Until the budget is under control not one dime should be spent for new gun control programs.

Exactly. Nice little distraction from the really important issues.

-J.

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Let’s all move to and/or support the Pine County Sheriff Robin Cole.

Sheriff Cole will not enforce Fed. Gun Control link

{Copyright FOX9 News}

Minnesota sheriff: Federal government has no right to dictate gun control

Posted: Jan 16, 2013 10:52 AM CST Updated: Jan 16, 2013 10:52 AM CST

posted by Mike Durkin – email

PINE CITY, Minn. (KMSP) – Pine County, Minnesota Sheriff Robin Cole sent a letter to Vice President Joe Biden saying federally-mandated gun control measure violate his interpretation of the Constitution and won’t be enforced in his county if passed. “If the State of Minnesota desires to change current law, then it must do so through the legitimate process of legislation,” Sheriff Cole said. “In my opinion it is a moral sin to erode freedom through obscure regulation and administrative rules.” President Obama is asking Congress on Wednesday to pass a ban on military-style assault weapons and ammunition clips holding more than ten bullets. The president will also propose universal background checks as part of the administration’s effort to curb gun violence in the United States. Vice President Biden led a task force that gathered proposals for reducing gun violence, which sought input from law enforcement officials across the county.

Hennepin County Rich Stanek was among those who attended a White House session with Biden, as president of the Major County Sheriff’s Association. Biden’s group reached a consensus on some of those proposals, which were presented to the president.

PINE COUNTY SHERIFF’S LETTER

January 15, 2013

As Sheriff of Pine County, it is important for residents to know my position as it relates to the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States. In the past week I have had several requests and one meeting on this matter. Normally I attempt to remain neutral on matters of politics but this issue transcends political division and I feel it appropriate to state my position. I believe that the right to keep and bear firearms is fundamental to our individual freedom and that firearms are a part of life in our county. The Federal Government has a constitutional role in the governance of our republic but the United States of America is a democratic republic of individual sovereign states. Each state has the absolute right to establish laws, within the confines of the constitution which is the supreme law of this republic, to regulate behavior. As Sheriff, I swore an oath to follow the Constitution of the United States and to enforce the laws of the State of Minnesota. I believe current state law is sufficient to protect the public safety while providing individuals the right to keep and bear arms. If the State of Minnesota desires to change current law, then it must do so through the legitimate process of legislation. In my opinion it is a moral sin to erode freedom through obscure regulation and administrative rules. I believe this is also true for both State and Federal Government. I do not believe the Federal Government or any individual in the Federal Government has the right to dictate to the states, counties or municipalities any mandate, regulation or administrative rule that violates the United States Constitution or it various amendments. I would view any such mandate, regulation or administrative rule illegal and refuse to carry it out.

Robin K. Cole Pine County Sheriff

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

“If it just saves one life” How do you like it so far.

I think this quote is actually kind of funny. Since there isn’t any context to relate it to, what is it really saying? Save a life by the use of defense? or Save a life by taking it out of the hands of a disturbed individual??

I just wish that I could have the opportunity to stand before our elected representatives and ask them the real questions that the media won’t ask. I’m glad there is more commentary about mental illness, and that will help get the ball rolling in that court.
    The top dogs in the CIA, FBI and other law enforcement agencies have all stated that unless there is a level of planning that involves multiple individuals, there is NO way to a random act of violence. We (our politicians) are seeking a feel good quick solution that will make everyone feel secure – will never happen.
    I fear sick people that will cause mass destruction much more than a lone gun man/women. It wasn’t too long ago that Timothy V blew up a rentral truck with fertilizer and blew half a building away…or the 90+ pipe bombs that the 2 boys at Columbine attempted to use. Fortunately those 2 didn’t have the technical know-how to detonate them correctly. Otherwise Columbine would have been in the 100’s of deaths, not the 13.
    So, when do we outlaw back-packs in public places? When do we limit the purchase of fertilizer to 20#/year? When to outlaw sparklers? Sorry, the phones need to go also. Any idea on how many phone operated devises are available to create a contact closure or open as a detonating device. that list could continue forever.
    Why hasn’t anyone asked them (politicians) why they can’t even enforce the laws that have already been created? Last I heard, selling crack is illegal and how many OD’s do we see a year??? Same will be for criminals wanting to by a firearm. If they can’t but it at the counter, they’ll just pay cash to someone selling out of the trunk of their car.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Oh, forgot my favorite one for getting people wound up. I want a ban on Graphite shafts on golf clubs! They enhance the ability to launch a projectile greater distances, they create more velocity, and a golf ball does not penetrate, so it can easily ricochet and hit multiple targets

maddog
    Park Rapids Mn.

With all of this right to own guns stuff going I wonder how many of us gun owners would be willing to put his or her life on the line to protect our country? Isn’t this what the second amendment is about? I wonder how many people that dodge the draft back in my day own guns? Do they have the right to own? I don’t know but something has to change.why these chicken crap cowards have to take Innocent people with them.I can’t imagine those parents pain.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Quote:

Quote:

-J.

School resource officer is what they call the police officer at schools today. Also sometimes called comunity resource officer or comunity services officer. It’s just to make it sound PC so parents don’t freak that they have a police office at school on duty.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Quote:

Quote:

How many lives have AR’s saved

Very well put Jesse!

Please explain the difference between an AR and my semi automatic Remington 742?????????? Same platform basically only look different.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Well, other than the 742 is a wildly inaccurate?

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Want safety in class rooms do like the Israelis have done every father volunteers a day to be in school wearing a bullet proof vest and carrying an AR after they have been trained. Not ONE SINGLE SCHOOL SHOOTING and no cost to the rest of the populace.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Quote:

Well, other than the 742 is a wildly inaccurate?

SSSSSHH Kooty Wildly is a little overstatement

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’ve got a couple buddies who shoot the 742 in 30.06 and I love giving them grief about accuracy.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

742 is definitely a sprayer. The pump model, not so much.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Quote:

Want safety in class rooms do like the Israelis have done every father volunteers a day to be in school wearing a bullet proof vest and carrying an AR after they have been trained. Not ONE SINGLE SCHOOL SHOOTING and no cost to the rest of the populace.

Works for me

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

“I wonder how many of us gun owners would be willing to put his or her life on the line to protect our country? Isn’t this what the second amendment is about”

Maddog, The 2nd ammendment is also set up to protect us a against our own government. Disarming a population will allow the government to do what ever they want…ie: Hilter

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Not to be smart but arming ourselves to protect us from our own government aint working out so good.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

They aint barging in our homes so I think it is.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Quote:

They aint barging in our homes so I think it is.

To busy barging into other countries homes spreading imperialism.

Viewing 25 posts - 31 through 55 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.