Where can 1 get Slender Spoons?

• mike-west
    Amery, WI

Nothin’ like waiting until last minute!
    Anyone know of a place that has these? I am driving west towards SD.
    Everts just ins’t an option.
    Thanks

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Thorne had some 1/8 oz. on their website.

castle-rock-clown

I’ve found them at Gander Mountain, but not by the custom jigs and spoons display. They were, in my case, around the corner by other ice fishing spoons. It was after a few trips there and was surprised both in the fact that they were in a different location, and the good selection. On a trip to Cabelas they were cleaned out.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

I’ve found them at Gander Mountain, but not by the custom jigs and spoons display. They were, in my case, around the corner by other ice fishing spoons. It was after a few trips there and was surprised both in the fact that they were in a different location, and the good selection. On a trip to Cabelas they were cleaned out.

sorry… but not really

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Thanks Guys
    Thorne bros… OUT

troutbum
    St. Paul

Bobs Bait and Tackle La Crosse

castle-rock-clown

Quote:

Quote:

sorry… but not really

“Really” why do you think I would lie? Please explain.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Quote:

Thanks

What way are you taking to SD? Bait shops in Spicer, Willmar, Ortonville, and many other small towns on the way west that should have some. Maybe just call ahead while traveling may save some time vs. stopping at every shop.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

sorry… but not really

“Really” why do you think I would lie? Please explain.

Cause typically the GM posts are about how they never have stock… the only have womens clothes… people shout for joy when Cabelas is coming… yada yada yada… Nothing bad about your post

castle-rock-clown

I do “flame throw” at times, but I try to make it very obvious. In this case I was just trying to help. All I was trying to give was what I personally experienced. Finding a hot item while on the road is always hit and miss, you never know where you might find luck.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Not helpful for the poster but both of the SE WI Gander Mountains have a half way decent number of slender spoons in stock as of just the other day. Going to stop back tonight and grab a few.

tbrooks11

I do find them at the Roch Gander location, not the greatest selection, but they atleast have been there in the past few weeks

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Check out Joe’s Sporting Goods in St Paul.

Last time I spoke with them they were fully stocked.

zooks

Quote:

What way are you taking to SD? Bait shops in Spicer, Willmar, Ortonville, and many other small towns on the way west that should have some. Maybe just call ahead while traveling may save some time vs. stopping at every shop.

Ortonville does not, checked both bait shops when I was at home over Xmas – perch are still biting on Big Stone if you want to stop on the way, though. Mel’s in Spicer, Brad’s 71 in Willmar or DJ’s in Montevideo would be the places I’d check on the way, Sportsman’s Cove in Webster is another good place when you get there. Have fun and good luck.

Chris
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

I do find them at the Roch Gander location, not the greatest selection, but they atleast have been there in the past few weeks

Out when I was there Friday. Didn’t sound like they would be getting more.

hoytpower
    buffalo county, wi

i got mine at Scheels in Eau Claire

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

i got mine at Scheels in Eau Claire

From Dwight himself!?

hoytpower
    buffalo county, wi

nope Scott Wilhelm was working that day.

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Quote:

Thanks

I am thinking about heading to SD next weekend to do some fishing. How was the fishing? And which lakes did you go to? And how much ice was there?

Thanks in advance.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

4 Season stocks them as well if heading through Red Wing.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.