West Webster New York

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

FROM the WEST WEBSTER Fire Dept website:

Quote:

Dec 24, 2012

We are very saddened with the loss of our two beloved firefighters, your thoughts, prayers and condolences are greatly appreciated. Please continue to keep us in your prayers.

Please check back here for more information as it becomes available.

For anyone inquiring the West Webster Fire Department has not established any donation or fundraising for our lost loved ones and their families at this time. If in the future there is any information on these we will put it on the website.

Quote:

Dec 24th 2012

The horrific events this Christmas Eve has taxed the members of the West Webster Fire Department and entire Monroe County fire service community. It is events like this that bring us closer together as a fire service community dedicated to the preservation of life and property. As our department begins the healing process we ask for the community’s indulgence and prayers. Your expressions of love, concern and well-being for the family members of our deceased brothers is gratefully acknowledged. As we move forward in the coming days we look to the community for strength and guidance to carry on our mission.

Please reference this website as additional information and arrangements are made.

Quote:

Dec 25th 2012

As of 1800 hours tonight the West Webster Fire Department is back open for business. We appreciate all the continued support of our community and our neighboring fire departments.

http://westwebsterfd.org/

With anger, frustration and sorrow…I have nothing more to add at this time.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Yet another sad story involving first responders. I saw on the news where the shooter had left a multi page letter stating that he hoped to kill many, many of the people in the neighborhood and firefighters.

We will never know what goes through the minds of these people prior to there deeds.

Thoughts and prayers to the families of those affected.

super_do
    St Michael, MN

Great post Brian. Not looking too highjack it, but I was talking with someone the other day about all the craziness going on in our country and we were discussing why it takes something like this to make it OK to gather and pray. Otherwise, most people don’t want to hear it. Maybe if we brought this back into our schools we wouldn’t have so many problems. Very sad.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

The Fire Chiefs statement hit it on the head…blame not the
    tool of the crime…blame the criminal and a system that cannot deal with the growing number of mentally ill sociopaths living among us…

pete/ny
    Youngstown NY

Thanks to all on here for your thoughts and posts.I am also a Volunteer Fireman in a small Fire Company about 45 minutes away from this Company.Our Fire Company and our Members are also saddened immmensly by this horrific turn of events, especially at this time of the Year.We will be sending some of our Members down to attend the funerals when more information is available. One of these fine Firemen just receiveed ” The Fireman of the year Award”.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families and the rest of the Fire dept.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

This event is sending ripples through the first responder organizations across the country.

There isn’t too many things worse then attacking people out to help people in need…except attacking kindergartners.

There are times that I’m ashamed to be a part of what’s called the human race.

johnnyg105
    Hugo, MN

Thats a proven terrorist tactic, create a smaller diversion to attract first responders then unleash the original, main attack to maximize loss.

As a first responder and EMT it’s scary responding to people not knowing if they are high on bath salts and try to eat your face off or if their mental illness is telling them to kill everyone. You just never know what you’re getting into. I have mad respect for firefighters/police/paramedics etc…

dr._flathead

Several of my Coworkers are from Rochester/Webster, one of them knew the victim personally. Pretty sad!

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

It truly is a sad event,on top of all the other recent sad events.

God Speed to all the first responders.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.