• gregstew
    Red Wing, MN

Quote:

WOW!

X2!!!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Hey, could someone explain to my how that video could only have 311 views a 9000 Likes?

stevenoak

Quote:

Hey, could someone explain to my how that video could only have 311 views a 9000 Likes?

Had half a million hits,308 disslikes. Kid got some air,that was crazy. Have to give it to the guy,he quit filming to help the kid. Don’t see that everyday.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

Quote:

Had half a million hits,308 disslikes. Kid got some air,that was crazy. Have to give it to the guy,he quit filming to help the kid. Don’t see that everyday.

Something’s broke.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

The views exceed the likes now.

You aren’t implying this is a hoax, are you? Pretty good work if it is.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

At first I had my doubts, but after watching it in slow mo… that kid was in the air!

But since the camera was “cut” away from the eagle while he was running, it could have been a trained bird and the bait replaced by a “kid”.

It’s possible it was set up…just sayin.

‘course I’m just po’ed I didn’t capture it.

stevenoak

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Something’s broke.

Doesn’t it usually say “veiws” by the 447,000 308 is thumbs down{disslikes}But then again I’ve been downig cold meds all week.Gave a customer a ride home yesterday.Grabbed my coat,keys etc. When I got in the car I realized I also grabbed my cordless mouse off of the desk.Maybe thats what they mean on the label about mixing.

stevenoak

Now it shows 1,233,517 veiws 18,673 like 444 dislike. Think I’m going to flush some cold meds Thats over half a million more than 15 minutes ago.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I wonder what kind of injuries those talons caused?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

OK … Fast Forward 12 years from now,,,,

can you imagine the chicks this kids gunna pull in by just showing them his video

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Ban eagles!

Bassn Dan

Did you notice the big cartoon eyes on the kid’s knit cap? Kind of like the exagerated eyes on a fishing lure and they probably helped to draw the eagle to him. Good thing the kid wasn’t a pound or two lighter…..

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

Ban eagles!

Going a little overboard there Mike…

The kid just needed a sticker.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I was thinking we should just create no birds of prey fly zones. That should protect the innocent.

trytoofish
    sw Mn.

What I dont get is , only one word was spoken in english that was sht. Is there no french translation. I’m assuming it was french I guess thats where the quote “parden my french comes from”

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

I seem to recall the last time this subject was getting airtime (maybe 10 years ago? ) that some researcher did some testing and calculated that an eagle would only be able to carry a 10 pound weight about 50 yards if it was on a downslope hill. Looks like a downslope in this video as well.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

We occasionally have owls and hawks in the area and that makes me keep an eye open with the ankle biters when I let them out.

2 of them are probably safe. They aren’t going to go after a 25# pug. and the female pom weighs about 10#s, she’s safe. However, the little guy kind of looks like the size of a rabbit.

The poms probably would be safe because of their fur, but those talons could do a lot of damage in the right place.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

There are many historical accounts of Eagles taking young
    animals and even attacking small children on the praries during the Westward Movement of the pioneers… Thats why they were shot on sight during that time… almost to extinction.
    They are the apex predators in the sky…

chomps
    Sioux City IA

when you see a golden eagle next to a bald eagle you realize just how big these guys get.

mike_leclaire
    Grand Rapids, MN

That is just plain wrong…

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Yes, Goldens can grow 30% larger than Bald eagles…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Its all but been confirmed as a hoax. The best video I saw was they isolated and zoomed in on the bird/kid when it is trying to carry the kid away. There are a few frames where the kid magically seems to be hovering in the air.

Drew Engelmeyer
    Lakeville, MN

Quote:

Its all but been confirmed as a hoax. The best video I saw was they isolated and zoomed in on the bird/kid when it is trying to carry the kid away. There are a few frames where the kid magically seems to be hovering in the air.

Link?

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Link?

http://www.barstoolsports.com/chicago/super-page/only-in-canada-could-someone-forget-to-pay-attention-to-their-kid-long-enough-for-them-to-almost-get-eaten-by-a-bald-eagle/

the 2nd clip…

desperado

hoax or no hoax
    we can’t risk the safety of the children
    a law must be passed which establishes public parks as “Eagle Free Zones”

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

We need more drones in the sky!

desperado

to enforce “Eagle No-Fly Zones” ?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.