Gas Lighter

• stevedobie
    Central, MN

You all know those lighters in Walmart and other places you can buy for $1 or 2. Well I hate those because they always seem to not work when you want them to, so does anyone have a other suggestions besides matches to light things that you need a little more length and dependablity?

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

A grill lighter, they are cheap and can bought almost everywhere

mower
    Wisconsin, Outagamie

Just the long fireplace matches. Sorry How about a self lighting torch??

stevedobie
    Central, MN

Quote:

A grill lighter

That’s exactly the ones that fail after a couple of times unless there are higher ends ones. I woudl pay more to get something that will last and can refill easily.

stevedobie
    Central, MN

Quote:

How about a self lighting torch??

Hmmmmm that just might be the ticket. They make small touches that have a little cylinder so it woudl be small. I will check it out and report back. Great idea!!!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I have one of these trademarks and they work pretty good. Might not have the length your looking for though.

Trademark Torch

stevedobie
    Central, MN

I might get one of those. A quick google search showed some pretty nice lighters that may work better than those cheap ones. Zippo make a couple as well.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Kinda a fan of matches myself. Not to many parts to fail on them. Still free at most gas stations to. Then again I still keep candles on hand to. Hard to mess those up to.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

I know it’s. Not lengthy but I really like a zippo for camping and cold weather fishing. They don’t fail in the cold like the bic types do. Great for lighting Mr heater on a frigid day.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I use a torch most times… also I don’t know of any gas staions that hand out matches anymore… they like to sell lighters.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Just got to ask for them.

starvin pilgrim

Those grill lighters work best if you can keep them warm, like in your coat pocket before you use it.

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Those grill lighters work best if you can keep them warm, like in your coat pocket before you use it.

Bingo. I used to have trouble with them also, but now I have no problem at all. KEEP THEM WARM! Put them under your bibs or in a pocket. Also make sure you keep the flame on the highest setting, when the gas gets cold it doesnt light as well. I’ve never had luck keeping matches dry and unbroken.. and I’ve never had luck keeping a propane or butane torch warm enough to work well…

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Just got to ask for them.

I have, that’s how I know they won’t… Try it sometime.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.