new dishwasher

• buck-slayer

It’s time anyone have any recommendations

onestout
    Hudson, WI

DD and around 25.

scottie56005

If option A is not available go with option B. A nice Bosch. You get what you pay for and then some, or less depending on how you look at it with dishwashers.

pantherpop
    Kalispell, MT

x2 on the Bosch. Damn thing runs so quiet I have opened it while it’s running.

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

Best of the more affordable big name brands is Whirlpool. Stay away from Maytag. Washer and dryers may be good, dishwashers are junk. JMHO.

weldon
    Rochester, Mn

I was looking at dishwashers a year ago and then went ahead and fixed the one we have since the major problem was just water hardness and the new water softener literally dissolved away the calcium. At the time had decided on Bosch based on how quiet they were and recommendations that I was given by others.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Stay far away from Maytag, I will never buy another Microwave or Dishwasher made by them.

This is a great place to get stuff, I bought our French door bottom freezer here and had it delivered cheaper than I could buy it locally. They flew it from the east coast to Minneapolis and delivered it to Eau Claire!!!!

Plus I added a 5 year warranty and it was still less than just the refrigerator locally!! Shipping is usually free and no Tax.

http://www.appliancesconnection.com/b1527-built-in-dishwashers.html?brand=Bosch

pool13_jeff
    NW, IL

Bosch!!!!!! Be careful though, some Bosch’s have smaller interiors than other washers. Do NOT get a GE.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Sears all the way, I have had them all and the sears out washed many others that wee twice the cost.
    FYI the Bosch has no heat drying.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

Sears all the way, I have had them all and the sears out washed many others that wee twice the cost.
    FYI the Bosch has no heat drying.

Remember Sears does not make appliances, they buy them from manufactures and put their name on them.
    First three digits in model will tell you who made it.

Also quiet isn’t always a sign of quality, it usually is a sign they have insulated the DW well, quality may or may not be there.

Maybe look at the interior of the dishwasher and make sure it will accommodate your dishes, interiors are not all the same.

Bosch or Whirlpool be my choice.

But I’d prefer the Jenifer Love Hewitt model if I could..

Al

big_g
    Isle, MN

Remember, the smaller the feet, the closer they can stand by the sink to do the dishes.

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Quote:

x2 on the Bosch. Damn thing runs so quiet I have opened it while it’s running.

X3 on Bosch, it is one great Power Tool!

Stainless Steel Interior and a Bituminous Coating on the outside to keep it quiet.

Had ours for about 10-years, no problems and still very quiet.

Check out this place
    Appliance Outlet Center in Eden Prairie , we’ve bought all of our Kitchen Appliances there.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Had a Bosch in my last house. Good unit and never had a problem in 7 years. I put a Samsung in my current house about 2 years ago and have had good luck with that one as well. Both had European drying (no heat). Makes using a rinse aid mandatory if you want your dishes to be dry. Not having heated drying saves your plastic items and significantly lowers your electricity usage.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

You have 3 women in your house. Why do you even need a dishwasher?

We put a Bosch in at the cabin. It is quiet. We like it overall. The only complaint we have is if you don’t empty it within a couple days of it finishing, there is some left over moisture that eventually leads to mold forming on the clean dishes. We just don’t run the dishwasher right when we are leaving the cabin for the week.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

The last place I would buy one is sears. Customer service sucks un believably. Then when I want to pick it up they sent me around to the back side of the building and told me to ring the buzzer on some door. It was fantastic waiting out there with the trash and bums hoping someone was going to show up at this crack house door with my dish washer. One of the few times I wished I had a gun with for protection. Never again for this guy. Well that is unless I develop a good meth habit. Then Ill know where to go.

the better half
    Champlin, MN

Quote:

The last place I would buy one is sears. Customer service sucks unbelievably.

I totally agree!! No more Kenmore in our house. We looked at a Bosch dishwasher but it was SO small on the inside. I was concerned that we weren’t going to be able to fit larger pans in it along with other dishes.

Bassn Dan

Quote:

Remember, the smaller the feet, the closer they can stand by the sink to do the dishes.

I plan to go to Fleggaard in Denmark for our next dishwasher. Let’s just say they have the best dishwasher ad EVER!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.