Life goes on

• haasjj
    Cordova, IL

Well, the country has decided it’s path, so it’s time to go hunting and fishing again. The beauty of hunting and fishing is that there is no BS, it’s just you and your efforts to be successful. Deer don’t care what your party affiliation is, fish don’t care who you voted for.

I love the purity of this sport because it falls back on the “rugged individualism” that this country was built on. If you want to eat, go catch some food. Many days my brother and I have talked about how if we weren’t family men, how inviting it would be to go “off-grid” and return to a simplier life. I see that already in my very young son who lives every day to go fishing and chase turkey and deer through the woods.

A local fish biologist who has worked for IL DNR 50 yrs now gave me this advice 15 years ago,” Take care of your corner of the world, because you will appreciate it more than any one else. You can’t fix the whole world at once.” Ken is still working at age 72 because he knows the state will not fill is position and his corner of the world would suffer because of it.

The sun still comes up every morning.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Sure didn’t need a flash for that picture. The smiles lit up the whole boat!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Fish on!

See what I did there. Its a double meaning.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Perhaps, double entente. It’s a fun word. French. Like those really thin pancakes.

haasjj
    Cordova, IL

The boy still had his eye black on from being a Bears football player for trick or treating. He was mad when I ran out for an hour cause he wanted to go too.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Fish on!

See what I did there. Its a double meaning.

In the Imortal words of John Gillespie

PETE, PETE, PETE

Get The Net, Get the Net, Get the Net

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.