Discount 832

• AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Because I’m not totally convinced of leadcore, and cheap, I’m looking for a cheaper place than cabela’s to get the 832 lead core?

They have it for $35 a spool and I figure I need two of them.
    Any place have it on sale maybe?

Brief web search has found nothing so far.

$70 is a lot of mono…

Al

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

You could try making your own Allen.

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Quote:

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Can I ask what you are not convinced about?

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

I guess if I had your money I wouldn’t worry about it.

Thanks for the help.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Allen, I have 3 remaining spools of 10 color 18# suffix performance leadcore…..{not the 832} available at $10 ea if interested.

beck
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

anglers guide hq

x2

Yep. Dean will take good care of you and get it shipped out quick. I could be wrong, but I believe two spools of 832 will qualify for free shipping too.

brett-king

My jury is still out on this one. I obviously like the dive curve in comparison to the old stuff but man oh man is this stuff lets say springy on the reel. I am still giving it some more time to break in and mellow out as even the standard core is difficult when new. This stuff either takes longer to be forgiving or it is gonna have its challenges. On a positive note I think you will see a new product buy spring that will change the game so to speak.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

My jury is still out on this one. I obviously like the dive curve in comparison to the old stuff but man oh man is this stuff lets say springy on the reel. I am still giving it some more time to break in and mellow out as even the standard core is difficult when new. This stuff either takes longer to be forgiving or it is gonna have its challenges. On a positive note I think you will see a new product buy spring that will change the game so to speak.

Ok, I can wait till spring, thanks.

Sorry Dean, forgot all about you…

I have no idea what the difference between the two lead cores is, maybe James or ? can jump in, I’m betting he/somebody used both.

Al

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

If you wait to buy the latest and greatest you will spend even more money. You should take Dean up on his offer. Its not rocket science. Lead line sinks in water. I’d be more worried the expense of the reels you need to accomodate it.

brett-king

I have pulled a bit of both old and new in my days . The difference is the wrap / exterior coating around the leadcore. The 832 coated suffix is the new generation leadcore and is proving to be a bit more prone to birds nesting on the reels. If you are truly a rookie to pulling leadcore the old stand buys like Dean is talking about might be a better choice to start with. Leadcore is not rocket science but it is far from spooling out some mono and trolling. Lots of little things to learn and pay attention to but it is probably the most effective trolling method out there at this time. Once the investment is made leadcore line can actually save a person money in the long run.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

If you wait to buy the latest and greatest you will spend even more money. You should take Dean up on his offer. Its not rocket science. Lead line sinks in water. I’d be more worried the expense of the reels you need to accomodate it.

I have reels, no it’s not rocket science, but some threads have went on about how great 832 is, and I’d like to find out what is the difference from the older lead core.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Quote:

I have reels, no it’s not rocket science, but some threads have went on about how great 832 is, and I’d like to find out what is the difference from the older lead core.

Sorry. I didnt mean it the way it sounded. I just know that sometimes people are intimidated to try new things because it sounds difficult or spendy. Good luck. At least you dont need it for many months.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

I have pulled a bit of both old and new in my days . The difference is the wrap / exterior coating around the leadcore. The 832 coated suffix is the new generation leadcore and is proving to be a bit more prone to birds nesting on the reels. If you are truly a rookie to pulling leadcore the old stand buys like Dean is talking about might be a better choice to start with. Leadcore is not rocket science but it is far from spooling out some mono and trolling. Lots of little things to learn and pay attention to but it is probably the most effective trolling method out there at this time. Once the investment is made leadcore line can actually save a person money in the long run.

That’s OK Mike, I caught what ya meant..I think

Ok, the old stuff it is, Dean I’ll take two..

You don’t perchance have a flush mount Folbe rod holder too?

Al

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

Can I ask what you are not convinced about?

Not so sure I can’t get to the depths lead core does by using the riggers, snap weights and diving lures I have now.

Wondering if the benifit is worth the cost and the extra equiptment I have to drag along.

Al

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Its more of a different way to get there. Easier than removing snap weights while reeling in a fish. I will say that much of the ‘play’ is lost with lead core. It leans towards harvesting in my opinion. Not so apparent with bigger fish.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

Its more of a different way to get there. Easier than removing snap weights while reeling in a fish. I will say that much of the ‘play’ is lost with lead core. It leans towards harvesting in my opinion. Not so apparent with bigger fish.

I’ll give it a try, with what equiptment I have and $20 on leadcore, I figure, what the heck..

I used it once with Moreye’s fishing for walleyes, I noticed you lost some feel with it, but trolling should work well.

And if I catch 30# Kings, I probably won’t notice the loss of play..

Al

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.