Subway Sandwiches has really gone downhill.

• Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

I remember when Subway came out. The sandwiches were decent and the prices were great. Now days the sandwiches are OK at best and their prices are way out of line.

For the same price I can 3X the quality of food from Jimmy John’s or Erbert’s and Gerbert’s.

Is anyone else noticing this?

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Sure like me some Jimmy Johns. Wish there was one closer.

JasonP
    Twin Cities

I think Subway did a study on how to make food as tasteless as possible and then put that technology into their entire menu.

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

Remember when they first came out that they would toss the sub buns out if they had been on the rack for 2 hours or so. I don’t see that happening anymore. I still eat there, but I believe the qualitiy in general has gone down. Seems to be the norm on a lot of start up companies that look for more profits.

Bassn Dan

What’s not to like about Subway’s lousy bread and 90% lettuce sandwichs? Well, that and the food poisoning I got at the last one that I’ll ever eat at.

Dan

jetro
    Mayer, MN

Agreed, they don’t hold a candle to JJ or E & G.

mwal
    Rosemount,MN

I agree. They look great on ads but can you get one like that at the actual Subway nope. Try no to go there.

Mwal

chubby
    Bloomington

Eat Subway and I am hungry in 2 hrs. Love Jimmy Johns but I think it that damn crack they put in the mayo to get you hooked.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Saw a commercial the other day.. can’t remember what chain put it on… But.. It showed the slogan “eat fresh” for subway… then panned the camera around a huge factory where the meat and veggies are sliced and packaged to be delivered to individual restraunts… saying it can take a week to get to the stores. Pretty funny.

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

I haven’t eaten at Subway for several years now. In La Crosse Jimmy Johns is right across the street and up in Onalaska next to Gander MT. there is a Cousins Subs that we love to get sandwiches from. Lots of good sub places to eat at – can’t believe that Subway is still in business around here.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

5 Dollar

5 Dollar foot LoooooNG!

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

5 bucks for old stale hard bread and a pile of lettuce. Sounds about right.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

We used to eat at Subway all the time in college. On sundays it used to be 2 foot longs for $6, in the dorms it was easy to find someone so you each could get your $3 footlong.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Yeah, their business model is a failure JJ and E & G can only dream they get as succesful as Subway. I agree about the bread, not being as fresh as it used to be… I always ask for the last one out of the oven Since when was lettuce tasty to any one ?? Its called health food and they brag about it openly, get a JJ and it would be like eating 3 or more subways depending, they push 30g of fat each…. Choices to be made

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Their sandwiches are terrible!! Not to mention the price is ridiculous, last time I checked for a chicken sandwich meal was like $9.70? Sure you can get water ever $5 turd they got on sale but honestly I would rather hit the dollar menu at Mcdonalds and I never eat their either

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I eat Jimmy Johns pretty regular, I’m not a fan of them either. Same quality as Subway in my mind. Bread is rock hard 1 out of 4 sandwiches and the bacon is never cooked. About puked on a recent one it was so raw. Took me several weeks before I could order from there again and NO bacon any longer. Emailed the store and company and very friendly suggested they pay more attention to the pork. No reply. So, to me, they are all just what they are, fast food and I expect to be disappointed.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Quote:

Mike 105th and central

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Quote:

Quote:

Mike 105th and central

Didnt know there was one there.

tbrooks11

I have to disagree with you all on this one. Subway is great, i dont have it too often, but subway is always my first choice after a camping trip. Good ole BLT cant be beat.. way to good!

E Ashwell
    Apple Valley, MN

What do you guys order there? The steak and cheese is bomb as hell. So is the bmt. You can say to the sub maker “not a beaver dam of lettuce on my sub please” you know. The employees are like computers. They’d what you tell them to do.

Dream’n
    South St. Paul, Mn

Anyone that stops by pool 2 in So St Paul should run down Concord into Inver Grove for a Turrito’s sub. $5 & excellent! And across the street from the King of Diamonds .

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Seen that place on Concord. Looks like another sandwich shop opening up in a old DQ down the street from there to. Will have to try that next time down.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

I always laugh when Subway claims to be so healthy while others are so unhealthy.

12″ Steak and Cheese with Southwest Sauce
    SERVING SIZE (g) 520
    CALORIES 950
    Calories from Fat 370
    TOTAL FAT (g) 41
    Saturated Fat (g) 13
    Trans Fat* (g) 0
    CHOLESTEROL (mg) 125
    SODIUM (mg) 2390
    CARBOHYDRATES (G) 92
    Dietary Fiber (g) 4
    Sugars (g) 18
    PROTEIN (G) 51
    VITAMIN A % DV 25
    VITAMIN C % DV 50
    CALCIUM % DV 90
    IRON % DV 50

McDonald’s Big Mac and Small Fries

Calories 780
    Cholesterol 75mg (25%)
    Protein 28g
    Calories from Fat 360
    Sodium 1160mg (48%)
    Vitamin A 260IU (6%)
    Total Fat 40g (62%)
    Total Carbs 75g (25%)
    Vitamin C 6mg (10%)
    Saturated Fat 12g (58%)
    Dietary Fiber 6g (25%)
    Calcium 270mg (25%)
    Trans Fat 1.5g
    Sugars 9g
    Iron 5mg (30%)

chirp
    Rochester

Quote:

I think Subway did a study on how to make food as tasteless as possible and then put that technology into their entire menu.

josh a

subway flatbread is delicious, thats all i have to say about that. And complaints about too much lettuce? Next time say “just a little bit of lettuce”. That oughtta clear that mess up. Or do what i do and get the spinach, much better for you

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

Inver grove has 3 really good sub places imo. Dominicks, turritos and j’s fish and chicken. Dominicks philly cheese steak subs are delicious.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Bacon can be eaten “raw”. It’s been cured.

…kinda like Spam.

And thinking of eating either “raw” makes me a little sick.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Raw Goat liver with a little salt… a lebanese favorite

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

I have to disagree with you all on this one. Subway is great, i dont have it too often, but subway is always my first choice after a camping trip. Good ole BLT cant be beat.. way to good!

We hit the one off hiawatha and about 48th, bread always has been good, and I get the BLT also and add whatever condiments I want, much better since they changed their bread a ways back.

Used to hit Cousins for their philly chesesteak, but there’s not one close to us.
    Had to get double meat on that one to make it good.

Healthy?
    Not sure you can say healthy about any of them

Al

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.