New Yamaha 150 SHO!!

• skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Just seen a picture of a new Yamaha 150 SHO. Nothing on Yamaha’s website yet. Should be a nice improvement over the current F150.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Dean Marshall is down at the Yamaha Dealers Meeting and sent over this photo. We’re waiting on specs, info on shaft lengths, weight, etc. Hopefully Dean gets to drive one!

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Not so sure there was much wrong with the current F150, personally I’d like to see a 175 4 stroker, that’s the only thing I’d trade my F150 for.

I know the prop shaft is a bit weak, but haven’t heard anything else.

Al

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Not so sure there was much wrong with the current F150, personally I’d like to see a 175 4 stroker, that’s the only thing I’d trade my F150 for.

Al

Here’s what I’ve been told they’re aiming for with the new 4 strokers.

Big reductions in weight.

More torque.

More HP.

Better fuel economy.

Minimal cost increases.

Yamaha had the same goals in mind when they re-worked the 225, 250 and 300 HP motors and the improvements they realized in all categories made for dramatically improved motors.

Now I do agree with you that the current 150 is one heck of a motor. But there’s always ways to make good products better. It will be interesting to see what the engineers can pull off.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Al

More torque.
    More HP.
    Better fuel economy.
    Minimal cost increases.

Yamaha had the same goals in mind when they re-worked the 225, 250 and 300 HP motors and the improvements they realized in all categories made for dramatically improved motors.

Now I do agree with you that the current 150 is one heck of a motor. But there’s always ways to make good products better. It will be interesting to see what the engineers can pull off.

Hmmmm more hp huh, things already got more than the rating plate says, maybe I’ll see 50mph after all, just about a 1.5 mph off now..:)

Less weight would be nice, have to see what trade in comes out to be…and if the wife shoots me or not.

But Honey…you said to not buy anymore rods and reels, this is a motor…don’t think she’ll buy it, but forgiveness is easier than permission anyway.

Still like a 175
    But maybe an improved 150 might work too.
    Al

bck
    Big Stone Lake Sd

Is there anything in the works for a tiller handle?

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Hope for the ones in the market for one of these that they build it in both a 20″ & a 25″ shaft.
    Talk about a hot seller!!!

crosby-stick
    Crosby MN

Quote:

Is there anything in the works for a tiller handle?

The tiller handle is shelved for now so don’t hold your breath

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Al

More torque.
    More HP.
    Better fuel economy.
    Minimal cost increases.

Hmmmm more hp huh, things already got more than the rating plate says, maybe I’ll see 50mph after all, just about a 1.5 mph off now..:)

Less weight would be nice, have to see what trade in comes out to be…and if the wife shoots me or not.

But Honey…you said to not buy anymore rods and reels, this is a motor…don’t think she’ll buy it, but forgiveness is easier than permission anyway.

Still like a 175
    But maybe an improved 150 might work too.
    Al

Just tell her you need to get the motor fixed. Putting a new motor on is a good way to fix a older one. If it wasnt for the receipt falling out of my pocket she would of never known.

swlund
    Cuba City, WI

I could probably get away with that IF they look the same.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.