Bowes of Mora?

• AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Anybody eat at Bowes resturant in Mora, going up to pick up the wife Can Am Spyder and looking for a place to eat.
    tia

Al

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Are you talking about the place downtown? They took over the old Legion club I think it was. They no longer are out on Hwy. 65 on Knife Lake. Food is fine no matter where they are.

Buy a Spider at Caswells? Bought a Cavalcade there years ago, great folks to deal with. If you want chrome rims for that thing let me know I can get you a smokin hot deal on new ones.

smackemup
    North Metro

I’ve heard bowe’s is decent, never been myself.
    I like the Crow’s Nest which is right across the street by the gas station on the lake. Or head into town and goto Buzzano’s pizza, probably one
    Of my favorite pizzas.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Thanks guys, we’ll give it a try.

I’ll ask the wife if she’s looking for chrome wheels, maybe PM me a ballpark price?

Ya, the reason we drive from S Mpls to Mora is they were so good to work with.

Al

Burr

Is the Sportsman’s Cafe still open in Mora? Not that I’d know how the food is there lately. I think all my sisters were waitress’ there in the 70’s.

wildfan
    Ogilvie Minnesota

Quote:

Is the Sportsman’s Cafe still open in Mora? Not that I’d know how the food is there lately. I think all my sisters were waitress’ there in the 70’s.

Yes, still open and still serving big portions at a fair price.
    To bad Grandma’s closed up.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Love The Sportman’s Club for breakfast!

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Sportsman for breakfast I’d agree, dinner maybe not.

We ate there not to long ago and didn’t care for it, the chicken fried steak looked like a hamburger patty with breading on it, don’t remember what the wife had, but she said it was ok, but she wouldn’t order it again.

Bowes turned out to be good, wife had the all you can eat shrimp and even though the breading was a bit thick, the shrimp were large enough to taste great.

Even though it was suppose to be for her, when the waitress asked how the shrimp was the wife said great and I mentioned I snuck one and would order them next time, the waitress then brought out another plate of them and told us both to enjoy.

Also when I asked for the beer I wanted she said they were out (I think) and recommended a few like it, then brought me a small glass of one to try, don’t find that happening often.

I had the Bowes Burger California style with bacon and BBQ sauce, burger was a bit over done for my tastes, but that seems to be the norm now with restaurants, even so I’d order it again.

Fries were good, but they are the thin McDonald style and I prefer the big thick ones, but they had just a bit of salt and were definitely edible.

We’re going back for the prime rib and I’d recommend this place for good service and good food.

The bar makes fairly strong drinks too..

Al

Wadsworth

I don’t know where to eat in Mora, but I bought my Crestliner used from Mora Marine last winter, very good guys.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.