Street Names

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

You know, some time ago the Metro Council pass a law or whatever that the streets needed to follow an alphabetical order from St Paul out to the border of MN.

Why couldn’t they have skipped the Q’s?

I’ve complained about living on Quant for a long time. What the ‘ell is a Quant anyway?

Some people live on beautifully picturesque streets like…Pheasant Ridge Road, Valley Creek, Stagecoach Trail ect.

We live on Quant.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Then of course there’s those lucky people that live on this Drive….

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

quant (kw nt) n. Slang An expert in the use of mathematics and related subjects, particularly in investment management and stock trading.

splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

Sorry Brian. Unless something changed at the state level, Met Council only has jurisdiction over long range planning activities in the 7 county metro area. They have nothing to do with county planning or ordinances beyond the 7. They’d love to get it though! They are always trying to expand their power grasp. Generally, it’s counties who are the ones that write and make the ordinances regulating street naming and addressing.
    In another life, I used to get together with city staff to review new plats so that we could choose street names, then I had to address the lots. Street naming was fun (that’s why you got the goofy street name) but addressing was not.
    As P. Harvey used to say,… Now you know the rest of the story.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Yeah, it could have been the city council member passing the buck, but then we are in the 7 county area. It’s been Quant for over 20 years. In fact, I don’t recall what it was before it was Quant!

quant (kw nt) n. Slang An expert in the use of mathematics and related subjects, particularly in investment management and stock trading.

This could be true for the interest on the road improvement assessments we had to pay.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Hey BK, you live in Lakeland, right? I noticed last weekend that we crossed three’Q’ streets in a row right near Beanie’s. Quinlan, Quinmore, and Quinnell I believe, and looking at the map, there is a Quixote and Quentin right in the neighborhood too!

Weird street names, roundabouts, what a great little town!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Don’t bring up the roundabouts!

There’s a Racine, Ramada ect as well. Even those are better then…Quant.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Isn’t it NE Minneapolis that is named after Presidents in the order they were president? I paid attention in history class, but not that well.

Where I grew up in Ramsey, MN the streets were named after football greats, animals, elements, minerals and indian tribes.

Palerider77

I live on Boysenberry. I have to spell it every time I tell someone.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I was somewhere in northeast Missouri shortly after they implimented the 911 need for street numbers/names and came across “Hog Trough Hollow” on a pretty green street sign.
    Be thankful you don’t live in ne Missouri Brian.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

I was somewhere in northeast Missouri shortly after they implimented the 911 need for street numbers/names and came across “Hog Trough Hollow” on a pretty green street sign.
    Be thankful you don’t live in ne Missouri Brian.

Quote:

I live on Boysenberry.

Thanks for keeping it positive guys.

Palerider77

I am positive I am one of the few that can spell Boysenberry.

mudlizard
    st. marys pt. MN

Ya I live on the corner of Quello & Quentin. whats a Quello.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Coon Rapids/Andover has a whole area named after elements on the periodic table, which is pretty neat

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Brian, a friend of mine had lived on Purgatory in Colorado Springs. Ironically, the fires out there proved it was Hell

lhprop1
    Eagan

Where I grew up, all of the streets were named after numbers. They were even in order, too.

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Up near Gull Lake near Brainerd there was a road well signed as long as the signs lasted and weren’t stolen

“GULL DAM ROAD”

The signs were stolen so often, the finally changed the name. I believe now it is “Gull Lake Dam Road”.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

My streets growing up were named after the great lakes. My parents are still on Ontario Blvd.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I’m waiting for Suzuki to chime in.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

It could be a lot worse than quant…..

Doug Sponseller
    Houghton Lake, Michigan

Near where I live is a Canal St. Not a bad name…but the kids keep covering up the C…so the sign says ….anal

311hemi
    Dayton, MN

Friends of ours have a cabin up north on Shad Rap Trl. We stopped by to visit this summer and I noticed the street name on the way in. I had to drive around the rest of the neighborhood to see if the rest were similar…and they were.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

BK don’t feel bad I live between Uranus and Comet!!!!

timmy

Quote:

BK don’t feel bad I live between Uranus and Comet!!!!

Taint Ave?

desperado

I’d like to experience life on Easy Street

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

Friends of ours have a cabin up north on Shad Rap Trl. We stopped by to visit this summer and I noticed the street name on the way in. I had to drive around the rest of the neighborhood to see if the rest were similar…and they were.

Hemi…who lived on “3-way Lane”?

I knew you would come through Mike!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Morningwood is a lot better than Rottenwood or Deadwood

Could this tell you something about the journey down this road?

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I am watching a show about Meth Bible….Breaking Bad.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

That’s a good one Randy!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

That’s a good one Randy!

There’s some funny ones out there that are not fit for a “family friendly” website

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.