where to find nightcrawlers?

• salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

Im kind of in a bind, stopped by the local farmfleet and theyre out of crawlers for the rest of the year. Im not too keen on paying 5 bucks per dozen at a gas station, so is there any other places worth checking or inquiring for decent priced crawlers? Theyre an absolute must for my trip up to the south shore.

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

Did you call vadoos bait?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Everts Resort isn’t too far. When are you going? I could bring some along if the timing is right.

desperado

Get on the phone and start calling

try Blue Ribbon … on Century Ave a couple miles north of I-94; not toooo far from River Falls

if they don’t have what you’re looking for, my next call would be Vado’s; a bit more of a drive, but still not unreasonable distance if it’s an absolute must as you say

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Everts had them over the weekend. Vados delivers.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

I hate to suggest it, but almost any Walmart should have them…

Whirly01

I let the hose run hard on my trees this past weekend to water the yard, and about 30 minutes later I was almost overrun by thick crawlers. Might worth a try. If I had gone around to all the parts of my yard I could have gotten 6 dozen easy (and I dont have a huge yard).

desperado

Quote:

I hate to suggest it, but almost any Walmart should have them…

Chinese Nightcrawlers might work for the catfish hunters, but I suspect Trutta’s quary has a bit more distinguishing palet than that

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

You’ll also have many options on your way. I wouldnt worry about it. Now that the weather is cold an online purchase would be safe.

lhprop1
    Eagan

Blue Ribbon had them on Tuesday.

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

personally, I give my business to the holiday in Hudson, as in general, they have good minnows also. I was a bit disappointed in both this last weekend though, so it must be getting later in the year….

deertracker

Quote:

Im kind of in a bind, stopped by the local farmfleet and theyre out of crawlers for the rest of the year. Im not too keen on paying 5 bucks per dozen at a gas station, so is there any other places worth checking or inquiring for decent priced crawlers? Theyre an absolute must for my trip up to the south shore.

I think this is one of those times where you will spend more in gas to save a buck. If your local gas station has them you should just get them.
    DT

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

Walmart if you want like 24 crawler for 3 bucks. They are nice thick canadian crawlers. Nothing wrong with walmart crawlers!

tbrooks11

I know you said your against gas stations, but kwik trip charges only $3 to $3.50 per dozen

grumpy
    Iowa, Clinton

Crawlers $5.00
    Gas per gallon $
    miles driven for cheaper crawlers?? mpg
    just saying

STEVES
    New Richmond, Wi

Gander had them on Tuesday…

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Soooooo. What is it that crawlers are attracting on the south shore of Lake Superior in the fall?????

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Salmo,
    sent you a PM,
    I’ve got a Vado’s Twelve Pack from a few weeks ago, are in very good shape.
    INterested?

Anyone? $20.00 would cover it.
    Jack

farmerpet
    Hastings Mn

In the spring I buy them by the flat at Lee’s Taxidermy in Prescott but I’m not sure if he keeps them year round.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.