Floyd of Rosedale Origins

• trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Telegram to Gov of Iowa 1935

Dear Clyde, Minnesota folks excited over your statement about the Iowa crowd lynching the Minnesota football team. I have assured them that you are a law-abiding gentleman and are only trying to get our goat. The Minnesota team will tackle clean, but, oh! how hard, Clyde. If you seriously think Iowa has any chance to win, I will bet you a Minnesota prize hog against an Iowa prize hog that Minnesota wins today. The loser must deliver the hog in person to the winner. Accept my bet thru a reporter. You are getting odds because Minnesota raises better hogs than Iowa. My best personal regards and condolences.

Floyd B. Olson Governor of Minnesota

mike_leclaire
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Telegram to Gov of Iowa 1935

Dear Clyde, Minnesota folks excited over your statement about the Iowa crowd lynching the Minnesota football team. I have assured them that you are a law-abiding gentleman and are only trying to get our goat. The Minnesota team will tackle clean, but, oh! how hard, Clyde. If you seriously think Iowa has any chance to win, I will bet you a Minnesota prize hog against an Iowa prize hog that Minnesota wins today. The loser must deliver the hog in person to the winner. Accept my bet thru a reporter. You are getting odds because Minnesota raises better hogs than Iowa. My best personal regards and condolences.

Floyd B. Olson Governor of Minnesota

GO GOPHERS!!!

armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

I’ve been spending too much time on Facebook… I found myself looking for the Like button. lol

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

Iowa is down again this year, But I’d rather be a Hawkeye then a Gopher anyday.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

You are suppose to be a panther!!

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

Quote:

You are suppose to be a panther!!

I’m both, Wife and Daughter Graduated from UNI, Son from Iowa.

Anything but a Gopher!!

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Might be shortlived, but we’re loving a chance for a winning season-bowl game.

Has Iowa ever won a national football championship? (men’s football)

If so, I’m sure it was way back when…..

I was a tike when my uncle and I met the National Champion Gophers returning from the Rose Bowl game January 1961 …..

stuart
    Mn.

After Governor Olsen recievied that prize winning boar from Iowa he thought how grand it would be to mate that boar with the prettiest native born Mn. girl he could find.Thats when he discovered that their are some things even a pig won’t do.

nug
    central iowa

Well… at least the metrodome had nice bathrooms…

Denny O
    Central IOWA

LOL

Denny O
    Central IOWA

——————————–

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.