Has anyone here fished in the FLW BFL?

• BassinBill
    La Crosse, Wi

Hello everyone, I’m new to the site and am looking for insight.

For a few years I have been debating fishing 1 or 2 BFL tournaments as a co-angler. I’m looking for your experiences with it. Did you like it? Is it all it’s cracked up to be? Thanks

pool-8-lax
    La Crosse Wisconsin

I have fished in 2 BFL tournys as a co and had a awsome time. Both of my boaters treated me very fair and allowed me to fish. Just the learning experiance you will have is worth the money..

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

I’ve fished as co angler good experiance here

BassinBill
    La Crosse, Wi

Thanks for the info.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I’ve fished quite a few BFL tourneys as a co-angler. I always seem to draw the guy who “isn’t on top of his game.” I fished Wabasha a year or 2 ago and my boater had to have his friend show up for him at the meeting because he was still driving up from Chicago. He made the last minute decision to fish and hadn’t spent any time prefishing. Same thing happened to me when I went to Kentucky for a spring BFL.

The night of the meeting my boater was still in Nashville. He drove all night fished all day and I had the only bite in the boat.

It was close to freezing that morning. I had all my cold weather clothing on and he showed up with a hoodie and a light jacket. After the incredibly long boat ride, we got to his ‘spot’ and he was so cold he couldn’t fish.

I’ve had some decent boaters and some that were….not so much.

Those tourneys can be immense fun, and they can also be hair pulling adventures. If you decide to fish them, I wish you good luck.

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

Luck of the draw bluefleck cashed a check out of back of the boat this brings back memories of my boaters full golf swing hook sets and hearing 25 lb mono snap everytime

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.