Admin Question

• Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

I responded to a Private Message on this site with the messaging function. However, when I look at the Sent Messages screen, it does not show. Would this mean that the response was not sent for some reason? This is the first time I have sent one through this function.

desperado

At the bottom of the message, there’s a box that says “I want to keep a copy of my message”
    If you don’t check that box, then it doesn’t save a copy in your sent messages box

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Hey Chris,

There’s a check box below your message and above the “submit” button. If that’s not checked, the system won’t save your sent message.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

What Don said.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Here’s a tip for those who don’t do it. If replying to a PM, copy the original PM sent to you and seperate it from your reply with some lines like this.

Oh I am fine.

———
    He Mplspug, how are you doing?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

So true! I’ve had many responses to pms that were months old and no clue to what the question was.

Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

Thanks folks. I don’t remember clicking save a copy function so I’m guessing that it went. Alternatively, is there a default preview function where you basically have to submit twice in order for it to finally get moving?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Thanks folks. I don’t remember clicking save a copy function so I’m guessing that it went. Alternatively, is there a default preview function where you basically have to submit twice in order for it to finally get moving?

You have to uncheck the preview first box before submitting just like a regular post.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Quote:

So true! I’ve had many responses to pms that were months old and no clue to what the question was.

Shoot! I’ve had responses to messages just hours old and I couldn’t remember the original message! Maybe it’s an age thing.

Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

Quote:

Quote:

You have to uncheck the preview first box before submitting just like a regular post.

Figures

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Figures

I wish it was unchecked by default, but it has become a habit with me. Just like unchecking mark this thread as edited when I have to correct all my poor grammer.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

The new version (if it ever happens) needs the “save sent” option with an “always” spot to check!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

When is the release of iDO6.0?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

They have to release BK 56.0 before they can release Ido 6.0. It’s a compatibility issue.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.