Political Advertisement on IDO?

• bigpike

Curious. You cant talk politics but you can advertise them. Makes me go Hmmmmm….

BBKK
    IA

Seeing it on the side? IDO has no control over that. Those adds are based on you. Your website visits, word searches, area you live in.. etc. They are targeted ads that IDO has no control over.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

What advertisement? I literally just clicked on 20+ pages to see if it would pop up… I got nothing.

I get Cub Foods and Chevy ads. If someone doesn’t want to see ads… install an ad blocker. That said, $3.99 for a Green Mill pizza is a pretty good deal.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Aren’t those Google ads? They could be filtered? But that would be more work than it is worth. I only notice chicks in t-shirts.

What happened to outdoor hub?

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Quote:

What advertisement? I literally just clicked on 20+ pages to see if it would pop up… I got nothing.

I get Cub Foods and Chevy ads. If someone doesn’t want to see ads… install an ad blocker. That said, $3.99 for a Green Mill pizza is a pretty good deal.

Exactly. Down here there are no Cub Foods so I got chevy and ski-doo.

If you want to get rid of them.. adblock plus is what you need to get.

desperado

Quote:

Is that pizza deal being offered to registered Repubs or to registered Dems ?
    After all, we need to know Green Mill’s political leanings so we can decide whether to patronize them or boycott them.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I think it is a deal offered to people that like to eat pizza.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Quote:

I think it is a deal offered to people that like to eat pizza.

So your saying Libertarians then. I see what you did there.

desperado

Well, this predatory business practice must be stopped.
    This business is obviously exploiting the weaknesses of pizza addiction victims; and all in the evil capitalistic name of excessive profits.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Well, this predatory business practice must be stopped.
    This business is obviously exploiting the weaknesses of pizza addiction victims; and all in the evil capitalistic name of excessive profits.

I’m OK with a pizza company making excessive profits as long as I get extra sauce and peperoni.

desperado

I suppose I could be convinced if they include half price beers
    Note to restaurants; when developing your promotions, don’t forget the

bigpike

I don’t really care, it was just wierd to see. The add I was seeing was for US congressman Ron Kind for sportsman. Whats next Obama for sportsmen.

Bassn Dan

Quote:

I only notice chicks in t-shirts.

Now if the chicks in the t-shirt ads were running for political office I don’t think anyone would object….

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I’m really getting sick of the Victorias Secret ads on the right side of the screen…

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

I need to get rid of my ad blocker. I’m missing so much.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Yep….I get the Ron Kind garbage myself. But it is one of the ads that are not controlled by IDO. It will all be over soon enough

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Quote:

But it is one of the ads that are not controlled by IDO.

Might not be “controlled” by IDO, but IDO is collecting some sort of revenue for allowing them on their site. If they are not, then…well…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Might not be “controlled” by IDO, but IDO is collecting some sort of revenue for allowing them on their site. If they are not, then…well…

Think of it as extorting money from the campaigns.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Quote:

If the ads sway you.. well that explains why the ads are there…

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

On page 2 of this thread, this is what I see…

Creepy…

glenn57
    cold spring mn

so has anyone clicked on the roman thing????????

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Quote:

They get a small amount per person who clicks on the ad, its like $0.02 per person.

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

and who really gives a rats mmmmmmmmmm if the ads are there
    I mostly ignore them

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

You tell ’em Mary.

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Never see that one….

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

They get a small amount per person who clicks on the ad, its like $0.02 per person.

Support IDO and click every ad you see

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Thanks Joe. While I appreciate ya’ for the thoughtfulness behind the suggestion IDO doesn’t have a “pay per click” arrangement with the advertiser in question. It is a monthly flat rate for that location. So, while I won’t discourage anyone from clicking on something they’re truly interested in there’s no advantage to clicking away on any banners here on IDO.

lhprop1
    Eagan

Quote:

Is that the excuse you told the wife when she caught you clicking on the Meh girl?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Never see that one….

Search for Green Mill Pizza and then come back.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.