Dad, I wanna go fishing…

• armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

Well, she’s hooked. My 4 year old says “Daddy I love to go fishing with you.”

‘Course it helps that I egg her on by telling her she’s the best fishing partner EVER. Makes her smile.

Here’s some shots from our last couple outings…

She caught the bullhead… it was at least 12 if not 13 inches or so. Gives a little reference for the crappies.

scott-k
    Red Wing

Now that’s it right there! Being the Dad that makes the commitment to being a Dad! Wait ’til she wants to learn how tie her own jigs and wants a St. Croix rod. My 7 year old daughter is crazy for fishing!

Way to go you two!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

…and you let her use your rod!!

armchairdeity

It’s funny, she can nab her own minnow out of the bucket and put it on her own hook, but she’s stumped when it comes to crawlers.

And she calls minnows “nose baits” for some reason none of us can figure out!

kruger
    Metro,mn

looks like you got yourself a dock monster now!

armchairdeity

Quote:

…and you let her use your rod!!

Don’t diss the mighty pink Rainbow Rod! That thing is enchanted. I’ve caught more decent fish on that thing while she was playing with the minnows or the stringer than I have on most of my other gear combined.

Just goes to show that it’s the spirit, not the cost, of a piece of equipment that makes the difference. Or some equally mystic blah blah BS and such.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Pretty cool fishing partner!

mike_leclaire
    Grand Rapids, MN

Totally awesome, I agree with the pink rod theory my daughter has a pink ugly stick and slays the fish.

So cool she is totally hooked on fishing, enjoy for as long as you can and keep making memories that will last both of you a lifetime.

And a line from one of my favorite songs “And she thinks we’re just fishing”…

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Attaboy Dad

Very nice

armchairdeity

Thanks guys…

This has been one of the best fishing years I’ve had to date, other than 2008 I guess. Lots of PB updates and stuff. And now I get to do it with my daughter from my own boat.

A guy can’t ask for much more than that.

311hemi
    Dayton, MN

Been enjoying the same with my daughter this year…although she is still pretty young and has a short attention span. Looking forward to many fun years. She liked playing with Leeches last weekend out in the boat!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.