12 volt cooking

• stuart
    Mn.

Anyone have any experience with any of the 12 volt ovens or crock pots for cooking in your boat?
    I use my butane or white gas Coleman now but would like to get away from open flames in the boat.
    Sure do like a hot sandwich in the middle of the night during the fall trolling run.

eldoping

Not sure about crock pots but we bought a 12 volt coffee maker for the ice house and brought it to the Oshgosh air show and it completely drained the battery of my almost new Suburban and it only made about 2 cups in a half an hour. We threw it away.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Unfortunately, nothing draws more electricity than creating heat with it. Your best bet is MRE chemical heat packs from army surplus stores. Flamless Ration Heater -FRH

Palerider77

I have a Schumacher 12v meal heater in my work truck, works great. Looks like an old fashioned lunch box. If you have decent batteries or the big motor running, it would work in the boat just fine. I will be putting it to work on pool 4 this winter. You will be best served shopping at a truck stop instead of wal mart.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

This looks cool!

cooking lunch box

Or an inexpensive inverter for a induction portable cook top. These thing work awesome and the don’t generate heat.

stuart
    Mn.

Have been looking at the truck sites and thinking of getting a little lunch box stove.They draw 10 amps and while trolling the motor is running.
    If its junk I will toss it and go back to butane or gas.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

wrap in in tinfoil and stick it to the motor One of these days well do a road trip and Ill cook lunch on the engine as we drive, can’t wait to see the kids reactions.

I’ve seen those lunch boxes as Mc.Stop in lakeville in the past

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Did someone say cook? It’s time to cook.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.