Detroit River Hogs

• seank301
    Battle Creek, MI

My buddy and I have had some exceptional luck with catching some nice walleyes this Spring in the Detroit River.

This picture shows the walleyes that were mounted from our catch on the weekend of 3/27/04 and 4/3/04.

The two fish on the wooden board are a 30″-12lb. and a 31″-11lb. walleye that were caught on 3/27. These were the largest walleyes my buddy ever caught and he never expected to do any better. Then on the following weekend 4/3 he caught a 31-1/2″-14lb.5oz. walleye that is shown on the table. These fish were caught using a jig and minnow.

I am holding a 32″-12lb. walleye caught on 3/26 while we were handlining shallow running crankbaits.

We also released another 31″-11lb. and a 28-1/2″-9lb. walleye over that 3/27 weekend.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Sean !! Those are awsome buddy…Next year we we’ll have to link up while were in Port Clinton…

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Holly Hogs Batman!!! Awesome Simply Awesome!!! Welcome to IDA Sean

hugh

Post deleted by ecnook

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Those are some awesome fish!
    How did you get them back from the Taxidermist already??

Pauleye
    Kalamazoo, MI

Here’s another picture of those mounted hogs.

These are the first walleyes I have ever had mounted and I’ll have to break the 14.31 lb. mark before I think about getting another one mounted.

Pauleye
    Kalamazoo, MI

I was shocked also in how fast they were mounted. The guy who mounted these fish is retired and specializes in fish mounts, not animal mounts. Luckily for us his backlog was fairly light when he received our fish.

His prices are very reasonable and as you can tell from the pictures he does a great job. If you would like further information on contact info for this taxidermist you can e-mail me at [email protected].

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.