Need Help

• neutron
    Onalaska, Wi

I have been looking for a used topper for my 2004 Ford F-150 extended cab and have been unable to locate one. I am looking for any ideas as to where to find one. I have been on Craig’s List, called every dealer in the area and stopped at RV sales places, no luck. I guess I am wondering what happens to the toppers off trucks that go on used car lots? I am in the La Crosse area and will drive a reasonable distance to get one if I can locate one. I just can’t bring myself to spend the money on a new topper for an 8 year old truck that has no chance of fitting a new truck. Thanks for any suggestions!!

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Did you try calling any salvage yards? I know the one down the road from my place has a whole rack of used toppers. Not sure if they all do, but worth a shot.

neutron
    Onalaska, Wi

I looked on line at CAR-PARTS-COM. No luck!

311hemi
    Dayton, MN

There is a place that I drive by on hwy 65 up by Isanti that has a lot of used toppers call Top A Truck Inc. May try giving them a call. I have no knowledge of them other than just looking up the name of the place.

Sand’s Auto in Cambridge said they have one. It’s silver for a short box. 763-689-5770 There is a guy across the road from them that has a bunch of used toppers as well, but I can’t find the name of it and just happened across Sands when searching for the number.

huskerdu

Try Craigtempist to search the area-I found a topper for my new Superduty in a matching color-the body shop wanted 600.00 to paint a topper

brucea
    Maplewood,MN

Check out Craigslist Minneapolis. There are two listed. I don’t your exact box size.

red89
    Hudson

I got a topper for my ranger from a salvage yard in eau claire. They had it listed on craigslist. Give it some time and one will pop up on craigslist eventually. Just type in topper every few days and look down to the last day you looked.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Just give CL some time, it also takes a little luck and skill. I know James scored a pretty good deal on his topper that way.

neutron
    Onalaska, Wi

Thanks for the help!! I will keep looking and start checking CL more often.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

I saw one in burr oak yesterday up by melrose, it was sitting in a guys yard right off 108, not sure if it was really for sale, but looked to be about the right vintage. Think it was maroon in color.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.