grilled Walleye recipe

• Mr. Pike 81
    NW Iowa

My wife wants me to grill walleye tonight for the family that is coming for the weekend. Anybody have any real good easy recipe’s they would like to share.

happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

One of my favorite ways to cook walleye on the grill is just allot of butter and garlic salt in a tin foil wrap. Cook on medium heat until the tin foil looks like it is going to pop from the steam. Nice and firm texture as long as you don’t overcook!

Ryan

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

Quote:

One of my favorite ways to cook walleye on the grill is just allot of butter and garlic salt in a tin foil wrap. Cook on medium heat until the tin foil looks like it is going to pop from the steam. Nice and firm texture as long as you don’t overcook!

Ryan

That’s steaming. Keep the skin on and treat it like salmon.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I prefer my walleye grilled on an oak plank mmmmmmmmmmmm, cedar is good too but the cedar is a bit over powering.

jetro
    Mayer, MN

Zipper fillets so you have no bones for sure.
    Dice an med onion, Double over about three feet of alum foil and fold up the edges to make a shallow pan. Put the onion on the foil and then the fillets on top. Sprinkle with a dusting of garlic powder, cumin, paprika and a little crushed black pepper. Place some thin pats of butter every couple inches on the fish and grill till they are flaky. Serve and enjoy. Goes great with a rice side dish. Pretty simple and delicious.

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

Make a tin foil tray with edges, Add a slab or 2 of butter on each fillet, some lemon pepper seasoning, fresh sliced onion and fresh basil leaves chopped just alittle, then grille till flakey! Add some woodchips also if you like a hint of smokey flavor.

Might just have to do that this weekend!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

What ever recipe you use do not over cook. fish like walleyes can dry out fast. As soon as a fork pokes threw it it is done. Any resistance and its not done.

fishnutbob
    Walker, Mn.

Quote:

Make a tin foil tray with edges, Add a slab or 2 of butter on each fillet, some lemon pepper seasoning, fresh sliced onion and fresh basil leaves chopped just alittle, then grille till flakey! Add some woodchips also if you like a hint of smokey flavor.

Might just have to do that this weekend! [/quote

Same for me but I would add a plash of white wine Reisling and squezz some fresh lemon over the fish, now thats good eating. And add some Obay seasoning.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.