Ponder is Terrible

• derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Its gonna be a looooooong season.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

T-Jack is now the 3rd stringer in Seattle, maybe you can get him back.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Tommy Kramer, you out there??

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

Its gonna be a looooooong season.

Didn’t take very long for you to be back in Mn to figure that out….

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Brett….Brett…you out there????

I usually don’t put much stock in preseason games, I’ll wait until after their first game of the season to start bad mouthing them.

And the new stadium.
    Al

brice120878
    Twin Cities

I cannot understand, for the life of me, why they don’t allow Webb a little more time behind center. I think he’s got some serious potential.
    Of course many of the very best QB’s started out like Ponder, or worse…

fieds
    ottertail county

“DON’T BLAME DAUNTE”

Follmerpa
    white bear lake

I dont watch the Vikings,I only watch professional football

taz
    Frederic wi

You guys still have AP. that’s if his knee holds up

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

I cannot understand, for the life of me, why they don’t allow Webb a little more time behind center. I think he’s got some serious potential.

Very simple……….Ponder is Spielmans guy much the same way T-Jack was Childresses guy.

Keep in mind that Spielman is the same guy who nearly single handedly destroyed the Miami Dolphins.

All that aside……….it’s still 3 months to early to even consider football. We have baseball and the hockey lockout to navigate first.

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

True, I was at the game and would NEVER buy Tickets to those seats. Got them free from the Office.

Row 10, 30 yd line: Lights across the field are in your eyes making seeing everything difficult at best.

Being the 1st time sitting down that far, I came to the conclusion that the reason the Vikes are so Terrible is so the Fans can try and out drink the Packer Fans

Seriously though, The Metrodome seems to be the Largest Bar in the Twin Cities and therefore has the highest Cover Charge disguised as Viking Game Tickets and likely the Highest Beer Prices.

I watch a four young guys a few rows ahead of us each consume at least 8-beers and a couple other drinks along with a small quantity of food. What a stupid way to spend your hard earned money, I sure hope they weren’t driving.

The Beer Man was making a killing as they Tipped him $5 each time they bought 2 @ $7.50 each, just sent him a $20 and said keep it.

Sadly, that’s how we (FW & I) spent Friday Night, left at end of 3rd Qtr

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

People buy Vikings tickets? I always thought Vikings tickets were what you got as a punishment for speeding in MN.

In all seriousness though, with as many good qbs as there are in the league right now, there has to be some quality qbs hitting free agency soon. Unless another Andrew Luck or Cam Newton shows up in college this year a free agent will have to be the vikes hope.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

We are in rebuilding mode. That means Leslie Frazier will be coach for the next 8 years, AP and Jared Allen will be traded, Percy Harvin will be cut due to the fact the Wilf’s are broke. Someday we will win

sandmannd

Quote:

Because Webb sucks. He’s a decent receiver and that’s what he should be used for. Ponder would be OK if he had someone to throw to. When Simpson is back it would be a vast improvement. The secondary is more of a concern than the QB, they are still awful.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Quote:

AP and Jared Allen will be traded

All aboard the Trade AP Train

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

To bad the Vikes didn’t draft Russel Wilson.
    Oh yeah, I forgot. He’s to short to play in the NFL.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

With all due respect……..Wilson beat out T-Jack and the back up quarterback (Flynn) from the Packers. He has done NOTHING yet.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

The good news is, Wilson doing “NOTHING” yet, would’ve qualified him to be a MN QB. Anything he accomplishes that’s greater than “NOTHING” would be a bonus.

Andrew Luck and RGIII have done “NOTHING” yet as well. Their teams still have a more positive outlook for the future of their franchises. I can’t predict if Wilson will pan out, but I sure like his chances better than Ponder/Webb.

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Quote:

Quote:

Because Webb sucks. He’s a decent receiver and that’s what he should be used for. Ponder would be OK if he had someone to throw to. When Simpson is back it would be a vast improvement. The secondary is more of a concern than the QB, they are still awful.

Webb is twice the QB that Ponder is….right now. I guess in the end I’d give the edge to Ponder (like in a couple years), but right now, Joe should be the starter.

Rick Streiff
    Rochester, MN

Yeah lets let webb play his passes are so far off the mark they can’t even be intercepted so at least turnovers wouldn’t be a problem There are 3 problems with Ponder #1 The O line sucks #2 the WR’s suck #3 he has started 10 whole games and lacks experience not a good combination for a qb. Arron Rodgers could play for the vikings and suck it up right now it’s just a simple fact that the team needs to be rebuilt and they are doing the right thing by getting younger first then filling in the pieces not being childress and having no direction at all

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.