It’s Raining

• mikehd
    Dousman, WI

Whooo Hoooo it’s raining in La Crosse. Woke up early a.m. to flashes of light and loud noises forgot what a thunder storm sounded like. .7″ in the rain gauge so far. Thank God for the farmers who need this very, very much. Looks like more on the way for a while too. A good morning to

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

My sentiments exactly! now for another cup.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I was hearing low rumbles of thunder from lightning that was at the very least 25+ mi away last night. Must have been some good bolts. Eventually that train of storms drifted northeast and we got nailed this morning.

Looks like I have to resume cutting the grass twice a week again after this and what is promised the rest of the week in the form of rain.

I hope this isn’t too late for the farmers, but I fear it is for most.

KwikStik
    Trempealeau, WI

I had forgotten what a rainy day looks like.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

The wife and I stood in it for 15 minutes this morning before getting ready for work. Man do we need this

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Looooooonnnggg rolls of thunder this morning, thought the train was derailing behind the hosue. Apparently a lot of people forgot how to drive in the rain too, it was like traffic in the first snowstorm of the year driving to work.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I had 1-1/2″ in the rain gauge this morning Now, if we can get a few more inches of the slow drizzle type rain so that it all soaks in!

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

The wife and I stood in it for 15 minutes this morning before getting ready for work. Man do we need this

That brought a scary picture to mind Bret

rwmcvean

Of course, the first time since May when I have a morning to go fishing by myself and I wake up to thunder and lightening. I’m still gonna hold out for later today.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I woke up at about 12:40 this morning to lightning and thunder. It was non-stop. Just before 1 I got up and took a llok at what else was happening and we had pretty heavy rain with the fireworks. We had some wind too but nothing too unruley. Its still raining and booming, just like it was yet at 3 and 5:30am. I just stepped out outside to check the rain gauge and found 2 1/2 inches in it. The weather site I use shows more coming. The wind has fallen off to near non-exisistent and the rain falls steady stright down, but not what I’d call hard. Like Randy suggested….thisis what we need now to recharge to ground water.

The river and creek behind the house are up slightly already and it looks, according to the weather map, like a lot has fallen north and west of Rochester again. I wonder what this will do the the river?

gundez-71
    South Minnesota

Those that are getting rain are very lucky!! Here in Austin we have gotten 1 thing. Nothing for rain. The system has setup just north of us. Enjoy the rain!!!

Gundy

big_g
    Isle, MN

We got a little over 1″ overnight and now the good soaker rain is here in St Cloud.

swlund
    Cuba City, WI

We had a little wind and about 6 drops of rain. You guys are lucky.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

The Iowa City area is dried up to a pucker.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Quote:

We had a little wind and about 6 drops of rain. You guys are lucky.

I’d be happy with the 6 drops.

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Got absolutely crushed from 11pm til 7am. Downpours, hail, and very loud thunder/lightening. Not sure how much we got, but Id guess 2-3 inches??

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Bret:

Just checked the radar and you’re still getting it too!!!

Mark

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Got the latest from a civil engineer yesterday, We’ve had 1/2″ of an inch since the beginning of June. Had a couple sprinkles a couple times, enough to make me stop and let it sprinkle on me, man Its a dry year. Right now me and the neighbors would make it a point to go out and stand in the rain, if it did, and enjoy it. When was the last time you’ve stood on your local river bed and looked up at the sand bars.

deertracker

Quote:

Redneck shower?
    DT

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Ha! Right now I’d settle for a very minute post nasal drip from the good Lord from above!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.