Asian carp DNA found in year-old Lake Erie samples

• jsrevermann
    Central MN

Asian carp are constantly on the move, seems everything that is done to try to stop them is always too late. Here is a story that shows new findings of Asian carp DNA in the great Lakes.
    click link below to view the story
    Asian Carp in Lake Erie

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Among other things, Asian Carp DNA has been found in Jesse Krooks bath water.

splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

It would not surprise me if they found DNA above the Canada border by now too. …Government reaction (or in-action) is/was WAY too slow on this.

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Too much infomation…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I am beginning to think the DNA thing is a crock too. I think that is the point that BK is really making.

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

I get the point, but I just want to say that if he lives by a river he probably really does have the DNA in his bath water.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I heard he has spiny water fleas too. I am guessing the crustaceans were mis-identified.

Sheesh, what did Jesse ever do to me besides offering me a cold beer on a cold January day on the St. Croix?

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

I live by pool 2. So i have asian carp dna in my bath water? That doesnt sound right.. atleast i hope not

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

I live by pool 2. So i have asian carp dna in my bath water? That doesnt sound right.. atleast i hope not

If your water comes from the Miss you do. Just like it has carp DNA, catfish, walleye.. every species that lives in the water.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Last “rumor” I heard was that the Corp wanted to take over all eDNA testing because of “irregularities” in test methods.

BUT that’s just a rumor, because I can’t back it up with any facts.

I’ve heard it called many things, but Jesses’ spiny water flea is new to me!

lhprop1
    Eagan

Quote:

That will happen when you use “General Tso’s Carp Scented Bath Oils.”

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.