2012 Dodge Ram Express?

• Wadsworth

Anybody have any experience with the 2012 Ram Express? My 2004 Dodge quad cab 4×4 with the old 4.7 is getting sick of pulling my 1850 fishhawk, and theres a 16 foot steel stock trailer in my future, so I’m considering a more powerful tow vehicle. I’ve been looking around and the express looks like a very nice truck for the money, basicly a newer version of my truck with a hemi.

big_g
    Isle, MN

The Express is a great tow vehicle. It is also a decently equipped truck, without all the “fluff” that some trucks have. Here is what was released when the truck was last year

In addition to the 5.7-liter HEMI V8 engine with 390 horsepower and 407 lb.-ft. of torque, Ram 1500 Express comes loaded with features that emphasize its high-performance character.

The first thing drivers will notice is the Ram 1500 Express’ racy, monochromatic paint scheme. A body-colored grille with black honeycomb inserts, body-colored front fascia and body-colored rear fascia with chrome-tipped dual exhausts shout “high-performance.” The new Ram model will also get fog lamps and 20-inch aluminum wheels with locking lug nuts. There’s also a locking tailgate, cargo lamp, rear-bumper step pad, 6″ x 9″ side-view mirrors and rear wheel-well liners.

Standard features also include a 160-amp alternator, 26-gallon fuel tank, 3.55 rear axle ratio, 700-amp maintenance-free battery, four and seven-pin trailer wiring harness, heavy-duty front and rear shock absorbers, front and rear stabilizer bars, power rack-and-pinion steering, halogen headlamps, heavy-duty engine and transmission cooling and a full-size spare tire.

Inside, the 1500 Express will get a heavy-duty vinyl 40/20/40 split-bench seat, and buyers will have a choice of vinyl or carpeted floor covering. Other features include air conditioning, an instrument cluster with tachometer and 120-mph speedometer, 12-volt auxiliary power outlet, four-spoke tilt steering wheel, six-speaker media center with CD and MP3 player, as well as audio jack input for mobile devices, automatic headlamps, behind-the-seat storage bins, driver and passenger assist handles, power accessory delay, rear dome lamp, rear-view day/night mirror, tinted glass windows, tip start and variable intermittent windshield wipers…

Ram 1500 Express comes as a regular cab, short-bed model, with a choice of 4×2 or 4×4 drivetrain. When equipped with an optional Class IV hitch, the new Ram 1500 Express will tow a maximum trailer weight of 10,450 lbs.

Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price for the new Ram 1500 Express will start at $23,830, including $975 destination charge. It will arrive in Ram Truck dealerships in second quarter 2011.

mike_anderson
    Alborn,Minnesota

Look at the Ford f150 ecoboost! You won’t be dissapointed

Wadsworth

Quote:

Look at the Ford f150 ecoboost! You won’t be dissapointed

The Ecoboost would cost me 8-10,000 more than a quad cab express with a hemi, thats out of my price range.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.