More good news for MN hockey fans!

• Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

It looks like Nick Bjugstad is coming back for another year.

Man, it’s going to be a fun winter for hockey fans in MN.

Hey Bigfife, looks like your wish has come true.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Its going to be a fun winter.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Smart guy….I think the NHL season is going to have some issues getting started on time.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Smart guy….I think the NHL season is going to have some issues getting started on time.

Sad, but true. Donald Fehr is a d***h***. Yeah, I know he is only doing his job, right? Unfortunately, I don’t think he has any concern for the game. Hockey is showing a modest uptake in attendance and viewership. A lockout will set the league back just like the last one did.

The fact is the owners get hit harder than the players during a lockout. The game takes the hardest hit. Fehr doesn’t care if the leagues growth gets set back because he is seeking revenue and contract guidlines that won’t be hurt by the sport shrinking.

The good news is the Wild were #1 through 20 or so games. And they have been injury plagued the last 2 years. I shortened season probably gives them twice the odds off winning a cup as they have with an 82 game season.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Your assesment of Donald Fehr might just be spot on. Trouble is he looks like Einstein next to Bettman.

My best guess is Bettman says something really, really stupid and the union digs it’s heels in. Next NHL game might be in the fall of 2013.

Bettman will prove yet again that he must have photos of key owners as a way to keep his job.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I don’t think a lockout goes beyond the New Year. There is no way the league could take missing a season. However, the league makes most of the money in the second half of the season anyway, after football season.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

awe jeez someone in Minnesota brought up the football season already

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Quote:

awe jeez someone in Minnesota brought up the football season already

Time to trade AP?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.