Lodging help near Wabasha

• dave53
    Altoona, WI

My brother is coming up from Racine and we are going fishing on the river. He is looking for a place to stay. If it is a fairly inexpensive place I might meet him the night before and leave the boat in the parking lot. His other half wants to spend the day sight-seeing/shopping in Wabasha and the surrounding area while we fish so she might want a pool.

What do you recommend for a family friendly place with a pool or a cheap place to sleep where I can safely leave my boat parked outside? I’d consider both options.

Thanks,

Dave

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

If you want a ‘local’ motel, the Wabasha is great. STay there whenever i duck hunt so i don’t have to drive an hour home. No pool to my knowledge tho.
    1110 Hiawatha Drive East Wabasha, MN 55981
    (651) 565-9932

Downtown is the Anderson Hotel which is also a historical quaint location.

Then there is an AmericInn also which probably has a pool…

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

Security is going to be pretty crappy everywhere because theft if pretty low. I’d take the normal precautions: Screens and downriggers off, tackle boxes and rods out.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Quote:

https://www.americinn.com/hotels/MN/Wabasha/rooms?promo=

I’m not sure I’d call their rates inexpensive but the couple times we’ve stayed there it was clean throughout, boat didn’t get broken into and the breakfast was palatable…

Good luck fishing!

My wife and I have stayed here and the service and rooms are fantastic !!!

b-j-r
    Pool 4

Nice resort probably cheaper for the cabin than a hotel room docks for your boat etc. Right on some good water too. Located about 2 miles north of Wabasha.

http://www.camplacupolis.com/

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

Stayed there several times too. Had a problem with a reservation getting cancelled once, they sent us a gift cert for a nights stay. Nice people.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.