How to get water spots off of boat

• ozzyky
    On water

A buddy of mine is selling his boat and trying to clean it up a bit. Can’t get the water spots off. So far he’s used dish soap and a degreaser, along with elbow grease. Any ideas. COuld it be lime build up?

Thanks

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Vinegar and water in a spray bottle wipe with micro fiber towel

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

Hard water spots on outboard use CLR leave it sit for 15 minutes and wipe off!

blackbay

Obviously his wife or girlfriend is doing it wrong. She should use a vinegar/water mix and more elbow grease.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

I washed my boat just last night. I used JJV’s boat cleaner for the very first time. Have to say that I am very impressed with the ease of use and the final results. I have to admit that there was lot of muddy Mississippi gunk on it. It was the first time I had washed it since last summer. Give it a try.

FDR

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

I use a naturally derived tube and tile cleaner.
    Doesnt harm the finish and wipes it right off. Even the Mississippi mud water.
    Good Luck

STEVES
    New Richmond, Wi

First skunk smell and dogs, now spots on boats…what a website Now if we only had a cure for monkey butt…

BPRed

The vinegar and water works well. Add some rubbing alcohol too. This makes a great glass cleaner.

Char’s guide
    Hampton, Ia.

And there folks you have it, a general request for information and this site delivers.

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Lime away. Just apply directly with a damp rag and then rinse.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.