4 Seasons Catfish Tourney-Questions-Concerns

• blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Sounds like you should have performed some “due diligence” regarding this tournament.

Thinking out loud here, if you’d have called ahead you would have saved yourself the $$$ you allegedly lost and the time you wasted here to b!tch about a tourney that, from my perspective appears to have done the best they could with the turnout they had.

Send me the gift card and I’ll mail you a $20. That way you aren’t out the gas it would take to get back to 4 Seasons.

Mike Stephens
    WI.

Quote:

Who won the random drawings that were suppose to happen at the weigh in?

I won every one of them

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Quote:

Actually I take back what I said, Dr. Flathead WAS BAMBOOZLED! 1st place rough fish takes 75$ but the good Doctor wins 2nd place with a respectable fish and takes home a gift card? Lol…

..PEE and MOAN The LOL is for YOU….rrr..r

169sportsman

Quote:

Apparently Dr Flathead does not understand what it takes to run any kind of tournament!!! It is Very common for any establishment that it running a tournament to have the prizes be awarded in gift certificates . Any way you should support your local bait shop or you could always drive the extra 50 miles (cuz gas is cheap now a days) and get your tackle
    somewhere else. 4 Seasons staff keep up the good work!!!!!!

I have been around a lot of tournaments, many different sports, put on by businesses and I have never seen part of the 100% payback paid out in the form of a gift card. Gift cards should be a separate prize above and beyond the payback of entry fee prize fund money. Nothing against 4 seasons I just don’t think this was right.

TCKatMan

alright, i fished in this tournament, and reading this has got me kind of worked up, so i finally decided to register an account and post my two cents.

first off – chris, thank you for running this tournament, you did a good job, even with the entries dropping with the poor water conditions.

but, regardless, this is a tournament that had rules, and listed payouts. we all understand that you had to lower the payments due to fewer entries, but when you specifically state that CASH is getting paid out to the top 3 spots, that does NOT equal a gift card.

a gift card is probably roughly 70% of face value. not to mention, you are forcing them to spend their winnings at your establishment.

the guy who is arguing about this stated that he lives in lake elmo, so this is not a matter of “supporting your local bait shop”, because that would be blue ribbon or gander mountain.

Plus what about the door prizes and random drawings? if they were cut out of the tournament, why was the field not notified? You cannot just whittle away on rules on the fly, without telling anyone, and expect everyone to be cool about it.

You’re a sponsor on here, therefore the staff and regulars are obviously going to side with you, because you pay them money every year (they probably could really careless about your or your company, just as long as those checks keep rolling in)

The bottom line is, you LIED to us, and there is no going back on that, nor is there an easy fix for it.

I would say the only legitimate thing to do would be to cancel the gift card that Dr got, and mail him and anyone else you shorted, a check.

If you want to have a sequel to this tournament, and have it be successful, don’t be pi$$ing off the people who enter it and make it possible.

TCKatMan – didn’t weigh anything in, but if i would have, and would have placed in the top 3, i would have expected cash, like you stated we were getting.

Peace Out!

kris_brantner
    My river

Dr [censored]… maybe u should have WON!!! As good as a fisherman you think you are i would have thought it would have been easy for a guy like u. Ive fished many tournys that payout the bottom positions as giftcards. Your typical tournament is 80% to 20% of field. Chris could have just said winner take all due to low turnout. Or he could have paid out more spots with less money to the winners. I agree what he did 100% with what he had to work with. Maybe if 50 boats were in a second place giftcard would not have been suitable. Give the guy a break and get over your self.

ccales
    Mpls, MN

Wow…I thought us bass guys were nuts! Were these fish weighed using a bag system????

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Dr. Flathead

1. Don’t ever enter another fun catfish tournament. You are a professional and should not be entering tournaments that pay peanuts.

2. You wouldn’t have this problem had you won. Try harder next time.

3. Please tell us what would have made all the other greedy fisherman happy.

4. Enjoy life a little.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Since Chris has offered to trade cash for the gift cards, It looks like your issue has been resolved.

Back to enjoying your July 4th.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.