Sad world

• timschmitz
    Waconia MN

A buddie and I were out Muskie fishing on tonka last night till 10:15 and when we were pulling into the spring park access there were news trucks everywhere. Well as we were pulling the boat out the asshat reporter from WCCO says to us “we’re waiting for a body” while I’ve never been accused of being extremely sensitive to others feelings what he said almost got him knocked out For gods sake a 20 year old kid died and for this guy it was just a body just a story My thoughts and prayers go out to this kids family.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Ya Tim, its statements like that that desensitize people and stop people from listening. They very easily could use more suttle words and try to tone things down a little bit. Ya they have to report the stuff everytime but they also have to say it right so it doesn’t take its toll on people so much. The bad things that happen are difficult to listen too, thats why they should talk and report them with peoples feelings in mind.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Prayers to the family’s of both persons mentioned here and the other thread.

I think I’d have told that reporter that if he was worth anything at all he’d be out there helping to find the young man.

The media….I lose more respect for the media every day when I hear crap like this. A well aimed pop to the snot locker in this case would have had plenty of merit. Good job on the restraint.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Tim,

You can go to the WCCO website >>>

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/station/wcco-tv/

They have a listing of all of their reproters at the bottom of the page with e-mail links. You could send that person a link to this posting. That person might not have a clue how clueless they were….

-J.

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Very sad and insensitive indeed.
    As Jon stated in his reply, identify and email the reporter, then I’d copy the Station Manager too.

No reason at all for any reporter to act like that.

Let us know the reply you get from the reporter and station if you contact them.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

At the risk of being insensitive, I think you guys might be a little hypersensitive. I don’t know how he said it, otherwise I might have a different opinion.

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Quote:

At the risk of being insensitive, I think you guys might be a little hypersensitive. I don’t know how he said it, otherwise I might have a different opinion.

I’m the last person on earth that could be called hypersensitive. I just thought it was extremely cold to say “we’re waiting for a body”

I couldn’t really see him that well last night Jon otherwise I’d send him a link and tell him exactly how I felt about him.

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

It was deadpan pug no emotion.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’ll have to go with “I had to be there”, since you were offended enough to post about it. This was probably an instance where I should have just kept my mouth shut.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Yeah, he looks like a douche.

Snappy shirt though! He’s probably wearing it so he can stop by Fletchers after the report.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.