2011 Ford Grille Guard

• huskyjerk
    Swea City, Iowa

Seems like there are alot of new Ford F150 owners out there. Any of you have a grille guard on your truck yet? I have been thnking about putting one on mine, just haven’t found one that I really like yet. Probably should have done it before I smoked that BIG OL mama deer memorial day weekend!! $8000.00 damage Not sure how much it would have helped, Body shop thought it mite have helped some….

Thanks

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

But then you also wreck a $1000 grille guard.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’ll ask my dad what he runs on his pickups. They live out in central SD and won’t have a truck without one.

kooty
    Keymaster

Like Gill said, a bad it won’t save you much. However, any of those close call or glancing blows will help a ton.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I’ll ask my dad what he runs on his pickups. They live out in central SD and won’t have a truck without one.

I have one on my Duramax and I’ve clipped 3 deer with ZERO damage to the truck or guard and I’ve hit a couple of these deer HARD. As others have said, I wouldn’t be without one.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Quote:

Quote:

I have one on my Duramax and I’ve clipped 3 deer with ZERO damage to the truck or guard and I’ve hit a couple of these deer HARD. As others have said, I wouldn’t be without one.

what brand are you running? I have a luverne on my ’07 duramax, hopefully it holds up.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The guard on mine is a Westin.

kooty
    Keymaster

My dad has a Westin and some other cheapo he can’t find the name to.

huskyjerk
    Swea City, Iowa

Quote:

But then you also wreck a $1000 grille guard.

Possibly, but I would think the grand total of things would be less…..

huskyjerk
    Swea City, Iowa

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks James. I won’t be w/o one for very much longer.

huskyjerk
    Swea City, Iowa

Quote:

My dad has a Westin and some other cheapo he can’t find the name to.

Thanks for checking Kooty.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.