Garage door full windshield boat?

• eyesfishin
    Somerset, WI

Hey guys with full windshields, do your boats fit in a standard 7′ tall garage door? And if so is it only by an inch or so? Just for reference I’ve been looking at the Lund 1875 pro-v or skeeter 1850 or 1900. I think both boats say like 6’10-11″ max height on trailer. And that’s a pretty tight squeeze.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

A standard OH door is not 7′ clear opening. It will run 6’10” to a short 7’0″.

lov2fish
    central, IA

I’ve got a 2010 1850 tyee and it clears buy 3″, but you have to trim the motor down to get in. I’ve got a 150 merc 4 stroke.

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

I’d measure the door and the boat myself for peace of mind. And if there is any kind of lip leading into the garage take that into account. Back in really slow to minimize trailer bounce. Congrats on the new purchase which ever one it may be!

TazTyke
    Central Minnesota

My 1850 Crestliner clears by about 2 inches with a Shorlander roller trailer. If you go with a bunk trailer you should be able to gain a few inches. I know when I had a Karavan roller trailer I had about 4 inches to spare.

tstatz
    wis

1850 tyee , 150 opti,…motor needs to be almost full down and the windsheild closed to avoid damage. you can adjust your overhead door to go up a little further. Good luck and enjoy the new boat!!

nick
    Lakeville, MN

My Ranger slides in and out no issues it is a little close, but after all these years I don’t watch it anymore. My motor on the other hand does actually come closer to hitting at the wrong angle, and I almost forgot last time to close the pass through which would have hit, would’ve been ugly… I also adjusted my opener to make sure It open as much as possible.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Mine sits up pretty high, so I have to trim motor down also and take off the truck and crank it down and psuh it in… thats why I have 2 8′ doors too, but I have had it in the 7′ also, just a hassle. Best way is to measure it hooked up and that shoudl tell ya

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

A standard OH door is not 7′ clear opening. It will run 6’10” to a short 7’0″.

X2 Depending how the OH door opening was framed and trimmed out, it could easily be 2″ smaller

John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

It really depends on the trailer you will be purchasing. I know that Shorelander have different hieghts on their trailors. For instance a Shorelander custom will typically have the boat sitting up higher. The standard model Shorelander trailor has the boat sitting lower. My 1975 on a custom shorelander will not fit, the windshield is about 2 inches too high on a 7 ft door. I would go visit a dealer and measure a 1875 on a standard trailor to see for yourself. Different trailor manufacturers will change the ride hieght that the boats sit at. My 2005 Ez-loader had the boat sitting really low. I am building a new garage with 12ft wide and 8ft high doors.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Just buy the boat and then tell here “we need a new garage door”

kroger3
    blaine mn

On tin boats the motors seem to usually sit higher then the windshield if they are trimmed up so look out for that. If your going with a new boat your dealer should be able to set you up with the right trailer to get you in the door.

John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

Quote:

It really depends on the trailer you will be purchasing. I know that Shorelander have different hieghts on their trailors. For instance a Shorelander custom will typically have the boat sitting up higher. The standard model Shorelander trailor has the boat sitting lower. My 1975 on a custom shorelander will not fit, the windshield is about 2 inches too high on a 7 ft door. I would go visit a dealer and measure a 1875 on a standard trailor to see for yourself. Different trailor manufacturers will change the ride hieght that the boats sit at. My 2005 Ez-loader had the boat sitting really low. I am building a new garage with 12ft wide and 8ft high doors.

This just gave me the excuse I needed to get a new mancave(garage).

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

My Alumacraft fits with about 2 inches to spare. I have to trim the motor down though as that won’t clear the door trimmed up.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

wtf? boats are 7 feet tall?? good lord

big_g
    Isle, MN

If I get a run at it, I can just get it wedged in there

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I just take the door out with my little fishing boat.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Alumacraft 185 Tourny Sport, not by a bit.
    Hadn’t thought of adjusting door though…thanks.

Al

superiorfishing
    Hastings,MN

can always take a few pounds of air out of tires if its that close too!!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.