Be careful out there.

• Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

I just noticed that the NWS has issued a Flood Watch for a large portion of central Minnesota. They are predicting 1-3″ of rain between tonight and tomorrow afternoon with some area’s exceeding 3″.

With the holiday weekend approaching I’m sure their are a lot of people with plans on the rivers in our area. If the predictions are right the rivers will be rising all weekend. I would expect a lot of debris in the water too. With the extra traffic you’ll really have to keep your head on a swivel.

I’m not trying to scare anyone off, but just warning people that their tent might be a little closer to the water when they wake up in the morning.

Quote:

.. FLASH FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM CDT THIS EVENING THROUGH THURSDAY AFTERNOON…

THE FLASH FLOOD WATCH CONTINUES FOR

* PORTIONS OF CENTRAL MINNESOTA… EAST CENTRAL MINNESOTA… SOUTH CENTRAL MINNESOTA AND SOUTHWEST MINNESOTA… INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING AREAS… IN CENTRAL MINNESOTA… BENTON… KANDIYOHI… MCLEOD… MEEKER… MORRISON… RENVILLE… SHERBURNE… SIBLEY… STEARNS AND WRIGHT. IN EAST CENTRAL MINNESOTA… ANOKA… CARVER… CHISAGO… DAKOTA… HENNEPIN… ISANTI… KANABEC… MILLE LACS… RAMSEY… SCOTT AND WASHINGTON. IN SOUTH CENTRAL MINNESOTA… BLUE EARTH… BROWN… LE SUEUR… MARTIN… NICOLLET AND WATONWAN. IN SOUTHWEST MINNESOTA… REDWOOD.

* FROM 7 PM CDT THIS EVENING THROUGH THURSDAY AFTERNOON

* RAINFALL TOTALS OF WIDESPREAD ONE TO THREE INCHES ARE LIKELY THROUGH THURSDAY AFTERNOON… WITH A FEW LOCATIONS EXCEEDING THREE INCHES.

* LOCALIZED FLOODING IN FLOOD PRONE AREAS… AND THE POTENTIAL OF RAPIDLY RISING STREAMS AND FLOODED DITCHES.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS…

A FLASH FLOOD WATCH MEANS THAT CONDITIONS MAY DEVELOP THAT LEAD TO FLASH FLOODING. FLASH FLOODING IS A VERY DANGEROUS SITUATION.

YOU SHOULD MONITOR LATER FORECASTS AND BE PREPARED TO TAKE ACTION SHOULD FLASH FLOOD WARNINGS BE ISSUED.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Rising water is a flatman’s delight!
    But a campers nightmare.

Good Heads Up!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

We are getting a pretty good soaking here in the NW metro. Just lost power for a bit. Funny how loud 3 little girls can scream.

big_g
    Isle, MN

They said 5″ here in cloud, so far just hear rumblin your way Kooty and the sun is shining here

deertracker

Alexandria has been getting dumped on sll dsy.
    DT

big_g
    Isle, MN

I seen that too…. seems we are between for now

katmando
    Ramsey,MN pool 2, St.croix river

Yup the St croix islands will be flooded and too dangerous to travel around this weekend. Everyone with plans to be on the river might as well head to pool 3, heard the islands over there will be campable

kooty
    Keymaster

Round 3 since I got home at 5:30. Lots of water sitting around already. The river should be coming up.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

News said potential of 5 inches nw of metro. Please be over by weekend.

kooty
    Keymaster

It’s giving it a whirl. Rained like crazy a couple time since my last post. Coming down again now. Back yard looks like a river.

johnlaqua
    Pool 3/Pool 4

nothin in hastings yet – just LOTS of wind

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Over 2 feet at Hastings by Tuesday.

STEVES
    New Richmond, Wi

The weather channel said 100% chance of thunderstorms here at 10. Nothing happening…

kooty
    Keymaster

Just woke up to some more thunder and rain. Is this front moving at all??

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Checked the Savage, Snelling and St. Paul gauges. They all rose 1 foot overnight.

Here I went to bed early and did not get a good nights sleep. I am a very heavy sleeper, but kept waking up to thunder. That wouldn’t have been a problem had we closed the windows and turned on the air. It also didn’t help one of the damn dogs got scared enough at one point to jump into bed with me. And she hates the bed because she overheats even when it is cool in the house.

Gonna be a long day. Thank God it is Thursday.

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

I slept right through it last night. I don’t think we received as much action as the west and north metro though. I heard about a 1.5″ for my area. It is coming down like crazy right now though so we might catch up. I heard this morning that some areas received 4-6″ and will receive another 2-4″ today. WOW!

The bad thing is rain is in the forecast everyday except Friday through the weekend. It can stop anytime.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Got a feeling that river forecast may be updated in the near future. Pool 2 has come up almost a foot over night. The river did need some rain. This should be good.

Drew Engelmeyer
    Lakeville, MN

I struggled really bad during the last round of muddy water. I’m going to have try to slow things down to crawl, and find a presentation that can put fish in the boat durring this type of condition. The river sure does test a fishermans ability to adapt.

-Drew

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

I agree that it’s not a bad thing for the river. I just want a couple days in a row where I don’t have to pack the rain gear.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Driving in this morning I was thinking how I just love these days. Good heavy rain and lightening at night that starts moving on in the morning. Everything is sort of damp and refreshed. But I like it a lot better when there are blue skies behind the storms though.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I was counting on mowing today.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I have to finish the patio. The rain was a great test of my slope. Worked great without washing my leveling job away. I swear my yard is made of frick’en clay.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.