New phone?

• timschmitz
    Waconia MN

I’m in the market for a new smartphone and need to know what I should be looking at? All I really need it to do is take pictures surf the web and play my music. I’ll also be switching service providers from AT&T to verizon. Any help would be great.

jonboy
    Wausau, WI

Love my I phone 4S.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

I am on week 4 with the new Motorola Razor Maxx and absolutely love it!
    The battery is in distructable! Lasts up to 3-4 days without charging and I use quite a bit. Really glad I waited.

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Quote:

Tired of no service on the Rainy or what? Let me look at the VZW website when I get home, I’ll let you know what looks decent. I’m sure some other guys have picked up some current smartphones and will chime in as well.

You should be happy I don’t get service on the Rainy you would hung yourself this weekend!

chomps
    Sioux City IA

just got an HTC Rezound, still learning, but so far with the 4G it zings along pretty good. I like the music features, takes nice pics, the battery needs to be charged about every three days, light to moderate use. If you stay in a wireless internet zone like you house or office, you don’t use your data allotment.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

I am on week 4 with the new Motorola Razor Maxx and absolutely love it!
    The battery is in distructable! Lasts up to 3-4 days without charging and I use quite a bit. Really glad I waited.

We have rolled out 3-4 of these devices. NOTHING but positive feedback so far. My guess is the oldest is 6 weeks ish…. It will be my next phone.

Tim, The iPhone is cool and all, but if you plan to browse the net very much on it, get a 4G capable device. We have had great luck with the Droid Bionics also. We have NOT been very happy with the HTC stuff we’ve bought. We haven’t ran any Samsung phones, so I can’t comment on the quality of those devices. Love their tablets though.

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Samsung Galaxy Nexus or Razor Max.

I’m really confused on what most people consider “light to moderate usage”.

moderate usage for me, is charging in 6 hours or less. heavy use, is leaving it plugged in, and light use is maybe one day. the most i’ve ever gotten out of my phone is like 16 hours, and that is hardly using it throughout the day.

at a minimum, i’m running 4 email accounts, google talk and a google voice account through my phone. plus facebook, web, etc etc.

cat-stevens
    Rochester,MN

I’ve been running the Droid Bionic since December(actually 4 of them, family plan you know)and they work out really great. 4G is very fast. I’ve also heard great things about the Razr Maxx.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

They want $699 to replace my Droid with a Razor Maxx. Guess I’ll keep using the Droid for a while…

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Yes, the prices of these devices if unbelievable. We carry insurance on all them. Unfortunately one of our staff can’t get insurance for another year since he used two claims within a month. Heck, we don’t even pay that much for laptops now days.

stretchout
    Menomonie, WI

I picked up an LG Lucid from Verizon about 2 weeks ago. Well actually 4 of them for work accounts. The performance aspect has been very good, with battery life typical of Smart phones.

It has a slim, smaller case so it’s easy to slip into a pocket. Also the $80 price tag is hard to touch with anything else.

We work in areas where coverage is suspect, and the phone gets good reception.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I keep holding out on upgrading. I do have my new in 2 deal through Verizon, which = $50 off basically. I am starting to crack and was leaning toward the Razr Maxx, just because of the battery life. Before that I was looking at the Galaxy Nexus, just because it was running Ice Cream Sandwich. I know, I can always root.

I think I may keep holding out for a quad core phone.

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

I keep holding out on upgrading. I do have my new in 2 deal through Verizon, which = $50 off basically. I am starting to crack and was leaning toward the Razr Maxx, just because of the battery life. Before that I was looking at the Galaxy Nexus, just because it was running Ice Cream Sandwich. I know, I can always root.

I think I may keep holding out for a quad core phone.

i’m in the same boat myself. quad core isn’t important to me, especially seeing that the S4 Dual Core is smoking the Tegra 3 on the benchmarks.

What i am specifically waiting for is the 2nd Gen LTE chip, which will slim down the phones and dramatically increase battery life.

I’m hoping the Galaxy S3 is released soon, or i will also look into the droid fighter and Incredible 4G

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.