Pizza for breakfast…

• stevew
    Burnsville, MN

Absolutely nothing to do with fishing…

I had leftover Red’s Savoy pizza (sausage, mushroom, onion and pepperoni) for breakfast this morning.
    Put in in the fry pan crust side down until the pan got good and hot. Flipped it and let the top side sizzle for a minute. Turned off the heat and let it caramelize for a few minutes. Dang that was good. (Sorry, I just had to tell somebody!!)

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

The FW won’t eat pizza unless it heated in the oven.

Me? Right out of the frige if I’m in a hurry.

Pan fried sounds tempting though.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Cold – good

Reheated in the oven – good

Fry pan – never tried, but sounds good

Just keep it out of the microwave…YUCK!

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I’ve had it every way but pan fried. Actually I had the last slice of home made last night while surfing on here before bed.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

I also have had about every way known to man (other than the pan fried thing). I’ve even eaten when sitting out long enough to almost grow it’s own Mushrooms, and damn, it was still good.

Think it’s Pizza for dinner tonight just so I can have it for Breakfast tomorrow, the “Pan Fried” Way

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Reheating in the frying pan can be the best. Just pop a lid on it so it gets heated through and no soggy crusts!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Now you guys got me hungry.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Yes, pan frying is the bomb. I cover too, never tried flipping. When you flip you have no problem with the melted cheese? Pan frying and covering works fine with thin crusts, but flipping might be the answer for thicker pizzas for me.

I also put a little olive oil on the bottom to make it extra crispy, but some might not like it because it tends to be a hard crispy.

First time I saw someone do it I thought, “Gee, that makes too much sense”.

starvin pilgrim

Really? Talking about heating up Pizza? Must be a slow news day.

desperado

From the very beginning, Steve’s method was fail-proof
    because
    No matter what the temp of the pizza
    the BEST way to have a pizza is … get it FROM Red’s Savoy

Ed Stern
    Goodhue, MN, Goodhue County,

Any of you remember “Toasta Pizza”? It came in a foil pouch full of holes. You dropped a slice (shaped like a pop tart) into the toaster, and where you quickly had toast, you now have pizza! I’m not sure how long it was around, but it made good sense, and made me realize that pizza was for breakfast, too. (I am talking late 1960’s…early ’70’s)

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

best way to warm up leftover pizza…
    I use a cast Iron skillet w a little olive oil like Pug. I like the crispy cust also.

desperado

Gee, I’d’ve thought a guy who goes by the moniker of “Starvin” would be all-in for a Pizza discussion

Sharon
    SE Metro

Quote:

Cold – good
    Reheated in the oven – good
    Fry pan – never tried, but sounds good

Just keep it out of the microwave…YUCK!

x2 Of course, leftover pizza is a rarity in my house.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Crispy crust is my favorite too, I tell the pizza delivery place to leave it in the oven a little longer so it stands out like cardboard, no sag in my pizza!! I hate it when your wrists get sauce all over it and the ingredients are sliding to your elbow.

iskitofish

Pizza stone for the grill, FW’s favorite. I’m usually too impatient and eat it cold. Now I’m hungry too.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I hate it when your wrists get sauce all over it and the ingredients are sliding to your elbow.

If you ever visit the Twin Cities, do not eat at Tasty Pizza or Pizza Luce. You can literally squeeze about a quarter cup of grease out of a Luce slice and same goes for about 4 or 5 slices of Tasty, because those get cut in delicious little squares.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

you guys had leftover pizza???????????

starvin pilgrim

Quote:

Gee, I’d’ve thought a guy who goes by the moniker of “Starvin” would be all-in for a Pizza discussion

I was building some Condo,s not to far from the Metrodome and the boss would cash in the scrap copper and buy Pizza at least twice a week. I believe we tried about every Pizza joint in Minneapolis. It may sound strange, but, I can hardly the taste of Pizza. Sounds like a curse doesn’t it?

John Peterson
    Woodbury, Minnesota

The only thing better than a Red’s Savoy Pizza is…

leftover Red’s Savoy Pizza reheated!

Been a favorite of mine since the early 1970’s.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Anyone that’s old enough and has lived on the east side MN /west side WI might remember the old captain Jacks on HWY 12/94.
    To this day. IMHO, the best Pizza I have ever had the pleasure of tasting/making a pig of myself.

wkw

A friend of mine takes the topping off leftover pizza and uses it in his omelot for breakfast. Never had it, but it sounds good.
    WKW

buck-slayer

I love any kind of leftovers for breakfast. hotdish, burgers , brats bring it on!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Oh left over steak with eggs! Yum

bigpike

Quote:

Pizza stone for the grill, FW’s favorite. I’m usually too impatient and eat it cold. Now I’m hungry too.

Pizza stone and great pizza will taste as good as the night before!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.