How the heck can I pull this off?

• Wadsworth

Hey guys, I have a bass boat without a rear splashwell, it is solid all the way accross the back transom, and I want to mount a graph on the dash, but without the drainholes in the transom, how could I do that and run the transducer cable? do I drill a hole through the back transom big enough for the small end of the transducer cord then plug it with something? I know this can be done somehow, because a lot of the newer bass boats have the no rear splashwell design, but I’ll be darned if I can figure it out.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

How about a “Shoot through the Hull” application? Glue the transducers to the inside rear end of your hull. That’s how I have my transducers installed. Works great. If you need more info, let me know.

bt-eye
    Apple Valley, Mn (Pool 2)

Wadsworth!!! I just ran a few cable holders and screwed them onto my transom with silicone on the threads then fed the wire whereever I could to where i wanted them with no leaks so far. cable holders can be purchased at any hardware store. very in -expensive.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

My set up follows the steering cables ect (I have a side consule) then goes over the top of the transom. There is a screw with the plastic loop holding the wire on the top of the transom…with a stress loop.

On thing about shooting through the hull…you don’t have to worry about bending up the transducer.

Good Luck!

davec
    St. Paul MN.

Hold everything,If that is a fiberglass boat the only way to do it is shoot thru hull.Do not drill any holes.If it is a tin boat mount transducer run wire straight up and over the top of transom[wire held inplace by rokas like what mounts cable to side of house]sillicone all screw holes,then run wire on the inside to hide it up to console.Please let us know if the boat is tin or fiberglass.If it is fiberglass the only way is thru hull.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

I have a bass boat without a rear splashwell,

I assume we are talking Fiberglass here! And I agree, shoot thru is the only way to go. But I see plenty of glass boats with transducers mounted on the transom.

davec
    St. Paul MN.

I Just want to add to JonJorden there are fiberglass boats with transducer on outside of boats but this does not add to preformance of fishfinder,the thru hull does not take away preformance of fish finder,but by putting the transducer on the outside of boat [ if fiberglass] in my opinion you have taken resale value from your boat.Good luck and if its a tin boat put a transducer plate on transom

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.