POOL 2 REVIEW4/14/04

• bt-eye
    Apple Valley, Mn (Pool 2)

WELL, I FINALLY GOT OUT ON 2 YESTERDAY AFTERNOON AND WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED AT THE OUTCOME. I SPENT SOME TIME RIGHT AT THE CONFLUENCE WITH NO SUCCESS. HOWEVER i DID MARK SOME FISH ON MY GRAPH. THEY SEEMED TO BE IN ABOUT 16FT OF WATER JUST LYING IN A LITTLE CUP IN TNE SAND WE SPENT ABOUT AN HOUR THERE JUST WORKING THE POINT OF SAND AT PIKE ISLAND TO NO AVAIL, SO WE DECIDED TO MOVE UP RIVER SLOOOOLY AND JUST BOUNCE 1/4 OZ JIGS TIPPED WITH RINGWORMS PURPLE /WHITE TAIL AND CHARTRUSE PEPPER AGAIN NO LUCK. SO WE THEN MOVED UP TO THE DAM, PLENTY OF BOATS THERE BUT STILL NO ONE WAS HITTING ANYTHING THE ONLY FISH I CAUGHT WAS A CARP I HAD SNAGGED BY THE BUNG-HOLE . AND HE GOT OFF JUST NOT MY DAY I GUESS THE DAM AREA WAS JUMPING WITH BOATS AND GETTING HARD TO MOVE AROUND SO I LEFT THE TRAFFIC JAM AT ABOUT 6:30 AND HEADED BACK TO THE CEDAR RAMP THE SMOKE FROM THE EAGAN BRUSH FIRES WAS BAD, BURNING THE EYES AND NOSE. HOPE SOMEONE HAD BETTER LUCK THAN ME

Big E
    Saint Paul, MN area

BradT – Hey, which boat were you in? I was at that dam ’bout that time as well. Not much better for me. I did manage a couple 15″ers at the dam and another similar fish pitchin’ rip rap downstream. Not exactly fast action… I should’ve moved around more but wanted to see if the dam would turn on around sunset. Anyone had success after dark? That may be the next attempt. I’ll be back out tomorrow p.m.

bt-eye
    Apple Valley, Mn (Pool 2)

BIG-E I WAS IN A SMOKERCRAFT BLK/TAN I HAD MY WHT / FTR HAT ON I WAS RIGHT AT THE POINT OF THE ISLAND SORRY I DIDN’T CATCH YOU

Big E
    Saint Paul, MN area

BradT: I remember you passing by…. I’m in the red 1675 Explorer with 60hp tiller. Stop by to compare notes sometime. I’ll be out tomorrow…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.