Pulse-R

• Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

So, I got some AuthentX Pulse-Rs. There is a little nub on the backside of the paddle tail. I assume this is just an artifact of the molding process and it should be removed, but I have been wrong before (don’t tell my wife). Do I pull it off, or is it there for a reason?

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

That’s flashing from the vent in the mold. You can pinch it off.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

That’s flashing from the vent in the mold. You can pinch it off.

That’s what I figured

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Remove the nub it kills the action

fishbizbob

Tom is correct. We’re running 2 machines 16 hours a day to keep up and the first batch of solid colors had that “NUB” on the tail. I think we’ve got that corrected, so our workers now know that it needs to come off.
    Good Luck on the water.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Thank you, guys. I didn’t want to pull the nub off to find out that it was there to provide the action

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

That nub is the difference between a limit of fish and being skunked.

jd318
    NE Nebraska

Quote:

Thanks guys. I was in the same boat last weekend. Left the nub on thinking it was supposed to be there. Didn’t catch anything and wasn’t overly impressed with the action. I’ll pinch the nub off and hopefully that will help.

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Quote:

I know your making a joke but that’s not far from the truth. That little nub absolutely kills the action of the tail.

magnum165
    Baldwin, WI

I left the nub on and I did extremely well last friday night… I wonder how much better I would have done if I would have pinched the nub off.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

I accidentally ran some without removing the nub and didn’t notice any difference at all in action or in the number of bites. Just the same, when I remember to, I always remove it.

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Quote:

I accidentally ran some without removing the nub and didn’t notice any difference at all in action or in the number of bites. Just the same, when I remember to, I always remove it.

Weird I couldn’t get bit till I removed it stupid fish are toying with my simple mind

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Quote:

Weird I couldn’t get bit till I removed it stupid fish are toying with my simple mind

Maybe your nub was bigger. No joke.

eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks guys. I was in the same boat last weekend. Left the nub on thinking it was supposed to be there. Didn’t catch anything and wasn’t overly impressed with the action. I’ll pinch the nub off and hopefully that will help.

Speed makes a big difference with these I find also. At faster speeds the action goes away a bit but at slower speeds you can feel the thumb in the rod from the tail.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.