E TEC 3 Year Maintenance

• eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Looking for a reliable shop in the vicinity to do the 3 year maintenance work on my 2009 E TEC 130 for a reasonable price. I live in Hudson WI and do not want to haul it back to the White Bear Dealership if there is someone nearer that is qualified on E TEC motors. What sould this cost assuming only normal maintenance required? I will appreciate any/all recommendations. Thanks!

jerry b
    western WI

There’s always Warner’s Dock in New Richmond. THEY claim they’re the best. Price wise, I don’t know jerr

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

If you have a good dealer, they should only do what is needed. If your plugs aren’t bad, they shouldn’t replace them just because it has been three years. You should only need to have the laptop hooked up and software updates made. If that is all they do, $125 or so should get it done. If it isn’t running poorly, you probably don’t need new plugs. You may want to consider a new impeller if you haven’t replace it yet. That would be above and beyond the laptop update. I haven’t replaced my plugs yet at 290 hours (3.5 years), and it still runs like new.

My dealer is great and I would send you there, but it is much further away than the cities.

rmartin
    United States

I would also do the lower unit oil. Check the fuel filter. Get an hour count so you know about how many hours/year you are using the motor. Mine was around 210 hours, so I am letting it go another year this time.

mwal
    Rosemount,MN

I have bought 2 E-tecs from Warners Dock in New Richmond they have always done good work for me and were fair in their pricing. When I bought my 1st E-tec 115hp in 2006 They were the only dealer willing to help me out. MY Ficht died 3 days before a trip to Canada. I called several dealers some had motors but would not install in the time period needed. I told Warners my story need it installed that day. They said bring it in they installed beat the other dealers by $200 and even gave me some trade in value for a Ficht that was not running right. They have called when updates were available and arranged so I could drive there and have it updated while I waited so I did not have to make two 120 mile round trips. I had them do all the 3 year maintenance including a new impeller. I just traded in old rig and bought a new Stratos from them with a new 115 E-tec. They are the 1st dealer I have had that made an appt for me to come there and go over the boat with a mechanic as to were I wanted stuff mounted and rigged. I highly recommend them

Mwal

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

I have bought 2 E-tecs from Warners Dock in New Richmond they have always done good work for me and were fair in their pricing. When I bought my 1st E-tec 115hp in 2006 They were the only dealer willing to help me out. MY Ficht died 3 days before a trip to Canada. I called several dealers some had motors but would not install in the time period needed. I told Warners my story need it installed that day. They said bring it in they installed beat the other dealers by $200 and even gave me some trade in value for a Ficht that was not running right. They have called when updates were available and arranged so I could drive there and have it updated while I waited so I did not have to make to 120 mile round trips. I had them do all the 3 year maintenance including a new impeller. I just traded in old rig and bought a new Stratos from them with a new 115 E-tec. They are the 1st dealer I have had that made an appt for me to come there and go over the boat with a mechanic as to wear I wanted stuff mounted and rigged. I highly recommend them

Mwal

Sounds like a good dealer. That is the kind of service I get from mine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.