Blew up my motor

• dugout
    Dubuque Ia

Hello everyone, I blew up my motor and have a couple questions for everyone.

1. Do you think 5k for a 04 225HP evinrude Ficht with 350 hours is good market price?

2. If anyone knows anyone selling a 200 or 225 Etec please point them in my direction.

Doug 563-451-2587

Tx alot!

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Check the BBC boards …motors for sale.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

I would NOT buy a ficht motor these days, just too many REALLY good 4 strokes around, new and used.
    You can NOT beat a Yammy 4 stroke for realiability.
    Good Luck
    Jack

scalesorskin
    south eatern ,Minnesota

I blew the bottom cylander of my 04 90 hp etec and it is costing me 2grand to fix . The only problem is the marine shop i brought it to has had it for over a moth and I get the same answer everytime I call there ” we will try and get it done” I guesse I should have brought it the als in rochester instead ,to answer your question its yes . that motor is worth a heck of a lot less blown up then if you fix it and sell it. … Also how much is it going to cost to buy a new one.. I also agree my next motor will be a yammy.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Quote:

1. Do you think 5k for a 04 225HP evinrude Ficht with 350 hours is good market price?

As a former owner of an Evinrude Ficht engine (2003 175hp) who actually had pretty good luck with that engine, I would say no. Another words, if it were me would I buy that engine? No!

Like Jack Naylor already said, why take a chance on that engine when you can buy a yammie instead. Just doesn’t make any sense buying the Ficht and hoping its a good one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.