Catch and release State Record Largemouth Delaware

• jsrevermann
    Central MN

Georgetown man catches – then releases alive – a new Delaware state record largemouth bass
    Wish we could catch and release state record fish, and it still be certified, but that will never happen with all of our transport laws.

to read the story click below
    Delaware State Record

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

pretty fish!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Georgetown man catches – then releases alive – a new Delaware state record largemouth bass
    Wish we could catch and release state record fish, and it still be certified, but that will never happen with all of our transport laws.

to read the story click below
    Delaware State Record

Indeed! If Bounty Fishing can use algorithms in their software to verify lengths in pictures, you’d think the DNR could do the same. And if you are a person who thinks catch and release records are sketchy, then ignore them and don’t participate.

Rob2001
    Savage, MN

Awesome fish!!

And +1 to Pug!!

adam-bartusek
    New Prague, MN

So many state records being caught this year! Will Minnesota’s go down as well?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I wouldnt want to see private pond fish be eligible.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Hmm, that is an interesting observation. My first reaction was yes, a record fish for a state should be from public accessible waters.

Technically a guy could set up a small pond in his backyard, order a few Florida strain female bass and raise them in a controlled environment. Then one day go out and catch one and have it certified.

But my second thought was how about a lake surrounded by private property with no public access, but there are several parcels of private land. In other words, someone does not “own” the lake by virtue of being accessible by several property owners? That one has me thinking.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Right. They could import the strain which would either be unfair or cause state officials to DNA test every applicant. Also they could feed them special food. I’ll bet I could raise a pretty large bass on chipmunks and fatheads by the bowl.

Rob2001
    Savage, MN

Quote:

I wouldnt want to see private pond fish be eligible.

Wait.Wut?

Where does the report say it was out of a PRIVATE POND? It says pond, yes, but there are a dozen or so ponds within a mile of my house that are completely public and accessible to anyone, just because it says POND doesn’t mean he wasn’t fishing something public.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

It said pond and I said my opinion of private pond relative to around here.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.