100 free fishing trips

• kwkfsh

I ran across a website for a fishing lodge in Manitoba. They are giving away a free 5 day fishing trip every day for 100 days. These include everything except license and taxes. Includes boat, meals, cabin, unlimited gas, flyouts, etc.

The trips are for 1 but since you can enter every day there may be a good chance for a group of buddies to win more than one trip. Might be worth a shot, thats alot of trips.

I don’t know about posting links but it is a lodge at Bakers Narrows.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I get mailings that offer similar “deals.” The fine print reads that the stay is subject to a minimum occupancy clause. So you get one free stay but you need to bring 2-4 buddies to qualify. Not sure if this is a similar type of deal or not.

Go ahead and post the link if you like.

has
    Hudson, WI

I get that flyer evey year. Last year my buddie called convinced that he had just one a free trip, he DIDN’T. Make sure to always read the fine print. If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

kwkfsh

Actually that was my first thought as well, being the skeptic I am. I checked it out and if you win you do not need to bring anyone else with you. I would bet that they are counting on people coming with others, but it is not necessary. You are welcome to drive up all by your lonesome. However with being able to enter every day and a trip given away every day it may be a good chance to win multiple trips among a group of buddies.

http://www.bakersnarrowslodge.com

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I took up one of these free trips. It was Naughty Pines Fish Camp.

Yep, I got a free trip. The only condition was that I had to bring atleast one other paying guest.

So, I gave the free trip to my dad, and I paid my way.

It was worth the money.
    We arrived on Saturday, left on Friday.
    We had a 16 foot Lund with a 20hp.
    Unlimited gas and minnows.
    Great cabin, just the right size.
    Wonderful hospitality (plus one of the dock boys went to college with my neighbor’s son, so he gave me all the hotspots)

We brought our own food (could of had prepared meals for an additional $200 each)

It was the best fishing trip I have ever been on. Mostly because it was just me and my dad (of 77years at that time). We averaged 60 walleyes a day, plus about 30 bonus pike. Dad could only walleye fish, (too old and really not that interested in casting all day). So we pulled spinner rigs that whole trip, with a little jigging here and there. Dad caught an 8lb walleye, two pike that were pushing close to 20 pounds, and we had a lot of good memories.

Yes, it is advertising to get people there. I liked the place and will go back again some day.

So, in a nutshell, they aren’t all that bad!

jwellsy

Here’s the fine print;

“Bakers Narrows Lodge is giving away 100 FREE FISHING TRIPS IN 100 DAYS. (single occupancy)

REGISTER EVERY DAY FOR OUR DAILY WINNER DRAWING, TELL YOUR FRIENDS….

Package Includes:
    – 5 Nights & 4 Days Deluxe American Plan at Bakers Narrows Lodge
    – Deluxe Main Lodge, Private Log Cabins
    – Home Cooked Meals (3 per day)
    – New 16-18 ft. Boats, Complete with 18–30 hp four stroke motors, unlimited gas
    – One Guided Fly-Out Day Lake Experience
    – Daily Maid Service
    – All Linens & Towels
    – Evening Fishing
    – Use of Facilities & Equipment

All trips must be taken between the dates of July 15th and September 30th 2004 and are subject to availability. Transportation to and from the lodge is not included however Bakers Narrows Lodge will offer all winners discounted air fares if they choose to fly or winners may also drive to the lodge.

Each trip is valued at $1100.00 USD (single occupancy)
    To enter you must correctly answer a multiple choice trivia question posted on the internet entry form. One trip per day for 100 days will be given away. Winners will be contacted immediately and posted on our web site weekly. You may only enter once a day but everyone is encouraged to enter each day for the entire 100 days. Winners can only win one trip for the year 2004. Winners can transfer their free trip to a friend or business associate but an extra person must be booked at the same time at standard going rates. Single trip winners arriving alone may have to share a 2 bedroom cabin with another single guest fisherman.”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.