WildLife photography the next step….

• rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

well some people have actually been bugging me to post some more pix…. Ive been kind of disgruntled with my stuff lately… as I know how good it SHOULD be…. and Im ready to take the next step.. but like always it means I need some more equipment… in this case its mostly tripods, heads, release plates, cable releases, filters… and of course I “need” a new camera and some great lenses… (right?)…. but first things first… still Ive not even got the tripods yet… so my stuff is still all handheld.. and let me tell you without IS (image stabilization) when using a super telephoto your just always going to have some blur if your not using a tripod!… but ok… heres some shots… they are not really that great.. but I promise I will get better…. (ohh and I had someone on the board put me on a great oppurtunity for a wildlife shot the other day, Im always looking for that kind of info if I can fit it into my schedule)……
    ok.. I shot this guy today.. been lots of “migrants” coming through.. this guy is heading farther north Im sure….

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

how much wood, would a wood duck, duck, if a wood duck could duck wood?

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

when your a wildlife photographer you have to study your subjects, have a keen sense of what they are thinking thus allowing you to approach closely in an unseen fashion…..
    so.. I would call this shot.. *oops*

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

its a mistake to ignore the smaller creatures.. for sure they dont ignore you… look at this little gal checking me over… this is a female redpoll….

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

a junky junco…. having a bad feather day…

rippinpigs
    Apple Valley, MN

as usual… awesome pics man! Is that a falcon in the 2nd pic?

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

this guy new I was there.. and cleverly stayed way out of range…. this is an example of blur caused by ‘DIGITAL’ zoom….. but he was so striking I wanted a shot of him…

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

this guy THINKS I cant see him.. cuz he is not moving…. but he really dont camoflage into that tree very well…..

all right.. enough of my “junk”…. Ill post more next month if your still interested after this lot……

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

gosh you snuck in a reply while I was postin!… ummm that little fellow is in the falcon family.. its a sparrow hawk….

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

If I could fish half as good as you take pictures….

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Great pictures Ken. I love to look at waterfowl this time of year. Their colors are so vibrant.

Gator Hunter

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.